Michael Hector.

If that report is true then Spurs are a disgrace for leaving the transfer so late, that Fulham couldn't use the money on a replacement.

PL teams yet again doing what they want without a care. 

Either way we have to accept Hector may not come in Jan or end of season, so keep looking at other options.

We have enough for now with young master Bates, though wouldn't want an early injury in def.

5 minutes ago, swfc-dan said:

If that report is true then Spurs are a disgrace for leaving the transfer so late, that Fulham couldn't use the money on a replacement.

Either way we have to accept Hector may not come in Jan or end of season, so keep looking at other options.

We have enough for now with young master Bates, though wouldn't want an early injury in def.

Hopefully we will be back in for Mckenna in Jan. 

22 minutes ago, No Uniform said:

I wish we could. But no way that can happen. Window is slammed shut till January. 

Loan window stays open for another week I think

Can clubs sign players after the deadline and what about loan deals? 

Players who are free agents can be brought in at any time as they are not linked to a club. Emergency loans can be completed outside the windows if they are required, e.g. a club has been massively hampered with injuries, particularly in the goalkeeping department.

EFL clubs can still make normal loan signings for up to seven days after the deadline.

Normal transfers can only be completed after the transfer window if the initial paperwork has been filed and received by the Premier League before the deadline.

Edited by darra

Wish Big Hec all the best but time to focus on players who are here now. Personally pleased we seem to have used a bit of common sense this transfer window. Given FFP may mean if we are there or there abouts we may have room to do something in Jan.

6 minutes ago, darra said:

Loan window stays open for another week I think

Can clubs sign players after the deadline and what about loan deals? 

Players who are free agents can be brought in at any time as they are not linked to a club. Emergency loans can be completed outside the windows if they are required, e.g. a club has been massively hampered with injuries, particularly in the goalkeeping department.

EFL clubs can still make normal loan signings for up to seven days after the deadline.

Normal transfers can only be completed after the transfer window if the initial paperwork has been filed and received by the Premier League before the deadline.

EFL League 1 & 2 only, Championship window closed today for permanent & loan transfers.

20 minutes ago, swfc-dan said:

What’s a disgrace is that a club that has spent a year in the prem and still has failure payments coming in can’t afford £5m until they sell a player. It’s this type of financial mismanagement that FFP should be looking at. 

1 minute ago, Bluesteel said:

I think we need to get over Hector. If he wanted to be here over anyone else, he would have made sure of it. But football is mercenary 

How by getting Abramovich in a head lock.

lol

He made more than enough noise on Twitter about it.

2 minutes ago, SiJ said:

We are not in a position to be splashing 5 million on people. 

The sad thing is this is the rare occasion that we know our £5M would be well spent if you know what I mean. Its the poo we've spent on in the past that has put us in the negative position that's meant we can't take advantage of an opportunity to sign Hector. A player that was a sensation for us and a hit with the other players too. 

It is what it is, I just hope Bates isn't as poo as Hamburg think he is. If he's half decent he could be worth millions at this level with his age. 

1 minute ago, TheEnchanter said:

The sad thing is this is the rare occasion that we know our £5M would be well spent if you know what I mean. Its the poo we've spent on in the past that has put us in the negative position that's meant we can't take advantage of an opportunity to sign Hector. A player that was a sensation for us and a hit with the other players too. 

It is what it is, I just hope Bates isn't as poo as Hamburg think he is. If he's half decent he could be worth millions at this level with his age. 

Tbf, some people seem to think Bates is class.

Let's wait and see...

• Thanks 1