Michael Hector.

5 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Well yes, I agree, he probably is the best of a bad bunch, but look at what we’re left with now he’s gone

Oh I agree that the striking options we've currently got, going on recent form, look rather thin and uninspiring. But Joao's best season for us was 10 league goals, and his career best is 12, 6 years ago in Portugal, so I dont/didn't see him as the answer either!!?

Edited by tommycockles

24 minutes ago, Owls-Fan said:

Was he? Or was Joao sacrificed so we could fund a manager release clause. 

Oooh it just got interesting

the Bruce compo would be used for that i would imagine. 

11 minutes ago, LiamAP22D said:

He's better than Flint IMO, he went for £6M

Don’t think Middlesbrough paid that for his defensive capabilities. The lad scores an exceptional amount of goals for a defender. Think that makes people forget that he’s actually not that special when it comes to defending. 

5 hours ago, Ever the pessimist said:

I like Hector, but this is reminiscent of the pigs spending all their money on ‘not just any right back’ after a successful loan spell. 

Yeah but he did have a beard

• Haha 1

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

1 hour ago, 1993swfc said:

Don’t think Middlesbrough paid that for his defensive capabilities. The lad scores an exceptional amount of goals for a defender. Think that makes people forget that he’s actually not that special when it comes to defending. 

Scored 1 in 39 last season, Hector scored 2 in 38.....

14 minutes ago, LiamAP22D said:

Scored 1 in 39 last season, Hector scored 2 in 38.....

That’s coming off 1 bad season at Middlesbrough. One of the assets to Flint is he adds goals. 

Aden Flint scored 37 goals in 209 games for Bristol. Quite exceptional for a CB. 

2 minutes ago, 1993swfc said:

That’s coming off 1 bad season at Middlesbrough. One of the assets to Flint is he adds goals. 

Aden Flint scored 37 goals in 209 games for Bristol. Quite exceptional for a CB. 

Bit like Reda was for us.

13 minutes ago, 1993swfc said:

Didn't Nigel Pearson score 13 or 14 in 90/91 season?

Strikers are largley reliant on the service that they receive from the midfield, wingers and overlapping full backs/wingbacks or in the case of the Blunts overlapping Centre Backs. Our problems have really stemmed from our lack of pace and ability to create sufficient chances for the strikers to put away. We have been saved at times by the ability of some of our players to score worldies out of nothing situations. Our strikers will be better this term as the supply line is starting to look better.

Edited by mark1948
Typo
  • Like 1