Michael Hector.

Just now, newbster said:

I'm am getting worried that we are going to have to walk away from this one because of the fee Chelsea are demanding for him.. Hope I'm wrong though

As per...

We do right, too. I find it ludicrous that Chelsea (supposedly) want 5mill for a player who has never played for them AND is in the last year of his contract.

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, mark1948 said:

Strikers are largley reliant on the service that they receive from the midfield, wingers and overlapping full backs/wingbacks or in the case of the Blunts overlapping Centre Backs. Our problems have really stemmed from our lack of pace and ability to create sufficient chances for the strikers to put away. We have been saved at times by the ability of some of our players to score worldies out of nothing situations. Our strikers will be better this term as the supply line is starting to look better.

This may well be true (it is) but our lack of pace has come not from a lack of pace down the flanks, but from the slow build up from mid-field. We are far too slowwin turning defence into attack. This is shown by one of out favourites, Bannan (though not him alone, i stress), whose many speedy runs are unfortunately, across and not down the field. If we are going to have a couple of speedy wingers, we MUST have some speed in the front middle, so that , after they beat their man, there is someone on the end to pass to.

Our lack of speed has often been down to slowness of thought..This can be seen when we have been defending, when the Keeper gets the ball and attempts to throw it out, only to find our players wandering slowly back up-field. It's almost as if our players seem to think that, when we have been defending successfully, that's job done for a while, and they can have a breather.  

14 minutes ago, owlZfan84 said:

As per...

We do right, too. I find it ludicrous that Chelsea (supposedly) want 5mill for a player who has never played for them AND is in the last year of his contract.

They're running a business, they aren't just gonna give him away are they? 

Just now, LiamAP22D said:

The players who have left Chelsea this summer, have all been reasonably priced, so I can’t see them making an exception over Hector  More likely to be us, with some Norwich style wee wee taking

Guest addedtime
4 minutes ago, LiamAP22D said:

No, but they shouldn't be demanding an unrealistic fee. They aren't running the business very well.

1 minute ago, addedtime said:

No, but they shouldn't be demanding an unrealistic fee. They aren't running the business very well.

What makes you think Chelsea will be asking for an unrealistic fee? You’ve seen how much players like DaSilva, Palmer etc have moved for, hell they only want £8m for David Luiz.  Hector will be reasonably priced, it will be us weeing about

27 minutes ago, owlZfan84 said:

As per...

Chelsea probably aren't aware that a unit of money smaller than £5m exists.

2 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

What makes you think Chelsea will be asking for an unrealistic fee? You’ve seen how much players like DaSilva, Palmer etc have moved for, hell they only want £8m for David Luiz.  Hector will be reasonably priced, it will be us weeing about

The flip side of that is they want 8mill for one of their first choice centre backs, who's contract has another 2 years on it. Hector, on the other hand has NEVER played for Chelsea, is in the last year of his contract and are supposedly asking for 5mill.

28 minutes ago, owlZfan84 said:

I find it ludicrous that Chelsea (supposedly) want 5mill for a player who has never played for them AND is in the last year of his contract.

I share your frustration mate, but this is how Chelsea make a bit of money on the side - hoard players, loan them out and sell them on. 

£5m is a lot to us but just tops up their bank balance slightly.   

It’s obvious Hec wants to come here - so it should get sorted somehow. 

Just now, Kopparberg said:

I share your frustration mate, but this is how Chelsea make a bit of money on the side - hoard players, loan them out and sell them on. 

£5m is a lot to us but just tops up their bank balance slightly.   

It’s obvious Hec wants to come here - so it should get sorted somehow. 

I think that reason is alone is why I think we'll get the deal done.

I totally agree with DC's stance though, and not paying 5mill.