Michael Hector.

23 minutes ago, trask43 said:

Not usually ITK but have heard from a decent source its not happening, hope they're wrong but for the money talked about it might be wiser to wait or spend the money on a lb.

We can't afford to break the bank on him, we're OK for CH.  Cut price 1m in Jan makes sense especially if we have half a season to get a feel for where we are both financially and on the pitch....

I cant see Chelski playing hardball over the fee for a player who has never played for them and never will and who is just making up the numbers along with 300 other players they constantly loan out, who is in last year of his contract. I feel any issues would only be with wages.

2 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

I cant see Chelski playing hardball over the fee for a player who has never played for them and never will and who is just making up the numbers along with 300 other players they constantly loan out, who is in last year of his contract. I feel any issues would only be with wages.

Depends who else wants him, if it's nobody then a cheeky offer may be accepted at 4.39 tomorrow

It’s more likely us to be playing hardball Given the current prices, similarly aged Championship centre backs are moving for, Hector for anything under £4m will be a good deal. Obviously, if we can pick the guy up cheaper, then happy days. However, if we end up losing him to another club because we flipped about too much, then that would be seriously bad news

Just now, gurujuan said:

It’s the one deal we really need to get over the line, especially as we have now sacrificed Joao to fund it

Not sure Joao was sacrificed for anything. He's simply not progressed last couple of years and 5 mill is best we gonna get for him. Money in was as much to get funds in as it is to spend on any specific player. Lets not forget we've only just come out of soft embargo

3 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

It’s the one deal we really need to get over the line, especially as we have now sacrificed Joao to fund it

Was he? Or was Joao sacrificed so we could fund a manager release clause. 

Oooh it just got interesting

1 minute ago, tommycockles said:

Not sure Joao was sacrificed for anything. He's simply not progressed last couple of years and 5 mill is best we gonna get for him. Money in was as much to get funds in as it is to spend on any specific player. Lets not forget we've only just come out of soft embargo

As have Reading. He was our best forward though

Just now, gurujuan said:

As have Reading. He was our best forward though

'Best' is very debatable, Rhodes, on paper a far better striker. Clearly not done it for us. But neither has Joao, impact sub at best, his game hasn't come on at all for last couple of seasons and his work rate and attitude were often found wanting. So best of a bad bunch doesn't automatically mean any good, amongst least worse if you ask me!!!!

As I've said before we had /have 6 strikers and not one of them is capable of 15 goals in a season.

Rhodes used to be capable of 20 plus but not any longer, imo he's had his better days.

Fletcher works hard and will give us maybe 12 if he stays fit all season.

FF could get 15 again if he plays regularly and isn't injured or suspended.

Nuhui is ok off the bench and Winnall I can't see starting many games.

A lb is more important than hector imo given we have 5 or 6 who can play cb.

Winger and cm will hopefully be addressed but to balance us up we need a quick left footed lb for sure.

We need a pacy striker too imo with joao going, hopefully selling rhodes will help complete a top 6 rebuild

Edited by Ash77

12 minutes ago, tommycockles said:

'Best' is very debatable, Rhodes, on paper a far better striker. Clearly not done it for us. But neither has Joao, impact sub at best, his game hasn't come on at all for last couple of seasons and his work rate and attitude were often found wanting. So best of a bad bunch doesn't automatically mean any good, amongst least worse if you ask me!!!!

Well yes, I agree, he probably is the best of a bad bunch, but look at what we’re left with now he’s gone