Michael Hector.

1 minute ago, Morepork said:

Makes you wonder what the f**k we were looking for when we allegedly looked at 200 Central Defender and came up with Van Aken.......now all of a sudden we can find them. 

Having a recruitment team with knowledge and experience makes a huge difference. 

Just now, SallyCinnamon said:

Having a recruitment team with knowledge and experience makes a huge difference. 

It's pretty clear that the treacherous cabbage faced tw*t left us with a tidy list of suitable transfer targets.

• Haha 1

For once it seems we are in a decent negotiating position. Seems like Hector wants to come here & only has 10 months left on his contract & we aren't desperate for a CB now. We can walk away if needs be. We'd be crazy to give in to Chelsea's demands of £4-5m. 

With his contract status as it is and the position we are in I wouldn't want to be paying more than £3m.

How good is this lad? Was on loan at Swansea last season.

Spurs asked for £6mill for him. He's off to Stoke.

Posted at 12:15

Stoke close in on Spurs defender

612e6134-12fe-4994-a766-1b101b1e8a1a.jpg

Ian Dennis

Radio 5 live senior football reporter

Hearing Spurs defender Cameron Carter Vickers is heading to Stoke City. Fee about £6m. Lots of interest from Championship clubs.

19 minutes ago, mark.flem said:

For once it seems we are in a decent negotiating position. Seems like Hector wants to come here & only has 10 months left on his contract & we aren't desperate for a CB now. We can walk away if needs be. We'd be crazy to give in to Chelsea's demands of £4-5m. 

With his contract status as it is and the position we are in I wouldn't want to be paying more than £3m.

Totally agree. Even £3m seems too much for me given FFP hasn't gone away. 

As much as i'd like to sign him, overspending given his age with little sell on value in the future would show we haven't learnt anything from the past few years. 

1 minute ago, LoadABallacks said:

Totally agree. Even £3m seems too much for me given FFP hasn't gone away. 

As much as i'd like to sign him, overspending given his age with little sell on value in the future would show we haven't learnt anything from the past few years. 

Got to agree, which is a shame because he's clearly well liked in the squad and was a bit of a beast last season.

But if it's a choice between £x million on Hector vs £x million on a new left back and a new CB to act as backup for Lees and Börner (who, yes it's only one competitive game, looked a solid pair), then I'd take Option B. Yes, we almost certainly won't get anyone of Hector's quality with Option B, but you play with 11, not 1, and we've got to do what's best for the starting XI.

33 minutes ago, The Night-Owl said:

How good is this lad? Was on loan at Swansea last season.

Spurs asked for £6mill for him. He's off to Stoke.

Posted at 12:15

Stoke close in on Spurs defender

612e6134-12fe-4994-a766-1b101b1e8a1a.jpg

Ian Dennis

Radio 5 live senior football reporter

Hearing Spurs defender Cameron Carter Vickers is heading to Stoke City. Fee about £6m. Lots of interest from Championship clubs.

He was decent for a year at ITFC

Is he the player who was sent back early from the P*gs though?

4 minutes ago, camffiti said:

He was decent for a year at ITFC

Is he the player who was sent back early from the P*gs though?

I do remember him on loan at the Pigs.

Tellingly, I think he's not made a single Spurs top flight appearance like Hector at Chelsea? Although he's only 21.