Michael Hector.

Just now, e6owl said:

To be fair, he had a pretty poor patch in October/November, but the whole team did too. 

Toytown away was a shocker from him but he was man enough to admit it

after and went on to play brilliantly after that

5 minutes ago, southportdc said:

Didn't realise he was 27.

Probably won't be making a profit off him in a few years.

brizzie made 6 million profit on the 29 year old flint when they sold him to boro no reason we cant do similar if hector performs well …….

13 minutes ago, SiJ said:

He is a class player. 

I'd be a bit wary of coughing up 5 million for him though...

Still - if we sign him, then I'd be delighted. 

Only 12 months left on his deal. £5m would be madness. Wouldn't pay more than half that. 

• Like 1

Hector isn’t a Premier League player, and probably never will be However, the same can be said about all of our players. We have just sold the only player, who perhaps has an outside chance. It’s not our policy to sign younger players, preferring to sign experienced championship players, which I suppose is a step in the right direction, having previously signed past it championship players. However, Hector is as good as it gets, when it comes to championship centre backs, plus we know he is a good fit, so if we can get him for £4m, or less, then it’s a good deal for us

Just now, Ellis Rimmer said:

to be fair what does it matter what is left on his contract to us, we need him now, not in 12 months

To be fair, we've got 3 CB's & at least 2 other who can fill in there!!, not sure we NEED at all. But we do need a decent left back as a matter of urgency!!

4 hours ago, Night King said:

He’s only 27. Somewhere between 3&5 million will be very good value. There’s definitely some re-sale value too. Just look at how much Webster & Flint have gone for this summer. One very good season and if we’re near the top 10 he’ll be worth double next summer. 

Completely agree and surprised he hasn’t gone elsewhere unless we’ve got first shout for him 

I like Hector but I'd find it really annoying if Chelsea make profit on a player that's never played for them, 4 years after signing and with only 12 months left on his contract. A player that other than 8 months at Wednesday hasn't really stood out anywhere enough for anyone else to try and purchase him. Surely around £2 million is a fair price. 

1 minute ago, superowls23 said:

I like Hector but I'd find it really annoying if Chelsea make profit on a player that's never played for them, 4 years after signing and with only 12 months left on his contract. A player that other than 8 months at Wednesday hasn't really stood out anywhere enough for anyone else to try and purchase him. Surely around £2 million is a fair price. 

I'm sure i read Chelsea paid £9m 

Just now, yeadonowl said:

Chelsea will have also charged loan fees every time he’s been sent out. This will have offset any transfer fee

last year of contract 2m - 3m is a fair enough price

I'd agree with that. Clearly Chelsea happy to get rid, so as you say, 2-3m, and maybe add a bonus clause if the unthinkable happens and we go up ever!!.