Michael Hector.

Guest gizowl
1 minute ago, gizowl said:

Some fans really need to think, Joao has gone to Reading for 5mill roughly,but the initial outlay is only about 1mill,they may have another installment in their financial year of possibly another 1mill. Same with any other signings they make fees will be paid off over the length of the players contract.

Where we have been useless as far as transfers go is with the exception of Joao the players we have brought in we have lost money on,we've got to start recruiting younger players whose values increase. 

Guest Ferkorf

If big hec comes back we need to get rid of van aken, for me we are in desperate need of cm with hutch and lees often injured, pelepussy is garbage and also another winger maybe 2.

So 1x Cm  (maybe a loan move)

2x wingers (1 full time, 1x loan)

Get the feeling they might be a few hurdles to get over before we see Hector playing for Wednesday again (Wages, transfer fee etc) but it does look like we are doing everything we can to get him.
Wouldn't be surprised if other Championship teams interested.
But if he did join us can see him being the difference between being a mid table side and having a realistic chance of the play offs.

Guest gizowl
4 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

So the same for us then presumably

Yes mate I would think so, we're still paying off what we owe for Rhodes ,but because it was a poor signing we can't even sell him to clear off what's left owing to Boro  this is where we've got to be smarter with our deals in the future and go for younger players with potential and improve with us and increase in value and sell at the right time, ie. When Fulham offered 12mill for Nando,even though he's my favourite player. 

8 minutes ago, gizowl said:

Where we have been useless as far as transfers go is with the exception of Joao the players we have brought in we have lost money on,we've got to start recruiting younger players whose values increase. 

Also we could try and develop our youngsters by actually getting them out on loan playing football, as oppose to sticking them in a shoe box under the bed gathering dust hoping they turn into the next Maradona

33 minutes ago, gizowl said:

And also recruiting players good enough to challenge here and now, like Hector.

All Bruce's signings should increase in value should we decide to sell in the future.

It's all about balance.

49 minutes ago, gizowl said:

Some fans really need to think, Joao has gone to Reading for 5mill roughly,but the initial outlay is only about 1mill,they may have another installment in their financial year of possibly another 1mill. Same with any other signings they make fees will be paid off over the length of the players contract.

Thats standard practice in the majority of transfers . 

I like Hector but do hope we play hard ball. £2 million max for me. This is a player Chelsea haven’t given a squad number to and would be released on a free next summer otherwise. There must be better options out there rather than paying over £2 million.