Michael Hector.

1 minute ago, S36 OWL said:

I can see this going to the last minute. We will get him. Chelski have had their outlay back through loan fees over the years for Hec . My money is on Frank Lampard's chelsea blinking first 

Yes I have a feeling it will get done, and the fee won’t be anywhere near £5m For a start, Chelsea won’t be haggling over the odd million, they don’t need to Us on the other hand.....

Lets just wait until 5pm and see what happens! Chelsea arnt stupid and neither are we. Its all part of the game. See who buckles first! If it happens it happens, if not, so be it! Id be disappointed if we dont sign him, but 5m in the last year of his contract is crazy money. 

2 minutes ago, tommycockles said:

Hector alternative!????

swfce.JPG

Seems like we are sounding out alternatives. 

Wise move. Put a bit of pressure back on Chelsea. 

If he doesn't move in this window, then they face the very real prospect of losing him for diddly squat in Jan or for nothing next summer. 

Yeah, it's Chelsea and they have loads of money etc, but they are also under an embargo right now. 

Guru:

14 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Are you one of these who believes everything journos write? We’d have signed about 50 players this summer if they were any where near getting things right

Also Guru:

FFS Lee Cattermole when will we learn not to spend our money on old over priced has beens.

Edited by Sonny
  • Haha 1

I don't feel it's quite as straight forward as us and Chelsea bartering over the price. Yes, there isn't long left on his contract but Chelsea's price was not a complete unknown. If there is a gentlemen's agreement between DC and Hector that will be a deciding factor in proceedings IMO.

Just now, The Night-Owl said:

This ^

If he were going somewhere else, he'd have done so already.

He's clearly holding out for a return here. Chelsea are cheeky flaps.

Why??, I assume his first choice is us, so fair to assume, if we are in for him, he'll hang on til the very last to see if a deal can be thrashed out!!

Just now, SallyCinnamon said:

He wants to join us. But I don’t think it will go through. 

Risky move from Hector, seems like he’s put all his eggs in one basket this summer. 

He’s thinking he’ll take a loan deal somewhere and move home to Sheffield when his contract is out.

Best thing the club can do is look at alternatives. Chelsea can’t be asking for £5m for a centre half that hasn’t played with 1 year left on his deal yet be selling one of their started CB’s to a rival for £8m. 

I think the idea of doing for the Bates lad or McKenna is better in the long term!