Steve Bruce favourite for Newcastle job

Guest Arnold

4 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

Simon Jordan is probably right to be annoyed Bruce walked out on Palace but that must be going over 15 years ago now.
I bet Simon Jordan wasn't very loyal to manager either after a 2 or 3 bad results.

its football though everyone in it knows how fickle it is.

Jordan still talks about Bruce, at least once a month lol

• Like 1

1 minute ago, IWEDFM said:

Let's face it if he was planning on sticking around he would have put all the rumours to bed 

No individual is bigger than our football club

I wonder if they was a last minute hitch and for whatever reason the deal to go to Newcastle is off how our fans would take it.
I guess pleased but also a little wary of Bruce and would probably have to get off to a really good start to the season to get his reputation back to where it was.

If he wants to go let him. There’s no loyalty in football, Newcastle will pay him lots of money and it must be a managers dream to manage in the premiership. In my opinion he’s a very good championship manager but in the premiership I’m not so sure. Let him have his money I’m sure 12 months down the line after working for Ashley he will realise his mistake. 

As for us onwards and upwards get a proven manager in and let’s smash the league and say stuff Bruce. 

Just now, matthefish2002 said:

I wonder if they was a last minute hitch and for whatever reason the deal to go to Newcastle is off how our fans would take it.
I guess pleased but also a little wary of Bruce and would probably have to get off to a really good start to the season to get his reputation back to where it was.

I would be royally p**** off if that happened

It's got to the stage where I just want him to go now so we can replace him and move on

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, TheEnchanter said:

Well Bilic is a much better manager thats what went on. 

What’s to say he’s a much better manager? Someone likely Cowley with the winning habit (regardless of level) may be just the way to go - young and ambitious rather than “been there, done that” may be better in medium / long term.

16 minutes ago, camffiti said:

Be interesting to hear Simon Jordan's opinion on this move  (IF it happens)

He’s been Bruce’s biggest cheerleader for the job since Tuesday.

It’s funny how he’s changed he’s tune on Bruce leaving a job prematurely now it’s not the club he owns being abandoned. 

1 minute ago, WalthamOwl said:

Gutted he’s  going but in a day or 2 I’m sure things will feel a bit better. The important thing now is who DC gets in to replace Bruce. That for me is the most concerning thing. 

That and how quick we can get the new manager in.  

Time is of the essence.