Steve Bruce favourite for Newcastle job

Guest Arnold

13 minutes ago, Matt_1 said:

I'd take the way Brighton played against us in the playoffs.

Yeah I don’t recall them been overly defensive or boring in the championship anyway.

One thing I would say about Bruce though is I thought we looked very limited attacking wise under him in quite a few games last year, I’m not sure Bruce is what you would call an attacking manager. I know he was trying to stabilise things defensively and didn’t have his own players etc which are valid points, but it wasn’t exactly edge of the seat, swashbuckling football every week was it?

4 minutes ago, Sticky belly said:

Yeah I don’t recall them been overly defensive or boring in the championship anyway.

One thing I would say about Bruce though is I thought we looked very limited attacking wise under him in quite a few games last year, I’m not sure Bruce is what you would call an attacking manager. I know he was trying to stabilise things defensively and didn’t have his own players etc which are valid points, but it wasn’t exactly edge of the seat, swashbuckling football every week was it?

So what you're saying is, you want Carlos back as long as he plays how he did the first season? I'm in

He’s been here 5 months, brought all his own staff in, players have renewed, players signed, players lined up. And let’s not forget he was unemployed when we signed him up on £2m a year. 

3 weeks before the season starts he’s off, despite denying knowing anything about it 48 hours ago. 

And yet we still have some defending him. It’s no wonder we have our bellies tickled. Soft as muck. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, marcx666 said:

So what you're saying is, you want Carlos back as long as he plays how he did the first season? I'm in

No I’m making the point that people are saying they don’t want Hughton because of his style of football. Don’t get me wrong Bruce came in and got us out of a hole, I was just pointing out that it wasn’t exactly champagne football under Bruce was it? 

1 minute ago, sage owl said:

Something Bruce said when he was appointed  " my dad used to say to me when I took another job,  how much more money do you need son ".

This. In the context of “it’s not about the money any more”. He is very good at telling fans what they want to hear. Unfortunately after Carlos and Jos, this came as a welcome relief to most of us.

4 minutes ago, Sticky belly said:

No I’m making the point that people are saying they don’t want Hughton because of his style of football. Don’t get me wrong Bruce came in and got us out of a hole, I was just pointing out that it wasn’t exactly champagne football under Bruce was it? 

I agree with you, but Carlos the first season, was, well, until the play off final and for some reason he changed.  We were entertaining to watch, scored shitloads of goals and were generally a bloody good side. I'd love to go back to that rather than the sh*te Jos served up., or even bruces footy.  Also, I'm kind of with you, Hughton in the championship played more expansive and attacking footy than he did in the prem. Although, I'd still want the Cowleys as the next people in the door

1 minute ago, WalthamOwl said:

This is exactly how it will happen imo. Think in the long run Bruce will regret taking the job. 

But he'll be able to walk away with a good pay off and also be able to say that he was only sacked because it was due to the new owner wanting to bring his own man in.

13 minutes ago, 2roland2 said:

And im sure plenty would have took the way we played in a few one off games, if you listen to Brighton fans though, it wasn’t pretty most of the time, which as I said is fine if t.he results come, if not then you have big problems. 

Flip me, Is there ever a ray of sunshine in your house or is it just permanent grey drizzle over you? :Sid:

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

This is exactly how it will happen imo. Think in the long run Bruce will regret taking the job. 

No he won't. He will be doubling/tripling his wage of not more. Gets sacked and he still gets all his wage. He isn't a man of principle, he is going to work for Ashley for f c k s sake.

8 minutes ago, shandypants said:

That will screw up the Geordies protests, could imagine them protesting at the cricket instead of watching their destined for relegation shyte team only for Bruce to change his mind a few games into his reign and joining another of his boyhood favourite clubs or another rival of one of his former clubs... :ph34r::ghoulguy:lol

Edited by The Night-Owl