Steve Bruce favourite for Newcastle job

Guest Arnold

4 minutes ago, Minton said:

It was a clause in Lampard's contract, nothing to do with the length of the contract. His was £3m if a Premier League side appoint him, £4m if it is a top 6 Premier League side. Apparently we have a similar clause.

Ooh okay, thanks

1 minute ago, 2roland2 said:

Could you point me to the arguments I have caused and the reason people feel the need to quote me for no debating reasons over the past few days?? 

Is it so hard to stick to topic?

No, because in most cases you got so personal and so aggressive that they were removed by the admins. As you well know. 

5 minutes ago, Minton said:

It was a clause in Lampard's contract, nothing to do with the length of the contract. His was £3m if a Premier League side appoint him, £4m if it is a top 6 Premier League side. Apparently we have a similar clause.

What clause could we have in Bruce's contract if it's to a poo Prem club?

• Haha 2

Just now, Dronfield Blue said:

What clause could we have in Bruce's contract if it's to a poo Prem club?

D-Taxi fare and a giant mug. Leaving the meter running of course... :Chansiri:

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Minton said:

Legally, surely Lampard and Bruce must be personally liable for any comp.

Another club can't be party to an employment contract.

Yeah, may get money back but wouldn't fancy chasing Ashley for dosh.

Isn't it his warehouse where you can't go sick leave etc, so you get young girls giving birth in the toilets? 

Edited by fred mciver

19 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

To be honest I thought this would have all been sorted and announced by now. 

It needs to be,  apparently he’s not even travelled upto Newcastle yet but asked for permission to speak to them 

pack your bags and get out of our football club, at least give us half a chance of rebuilding something before the season starts !  Why should we wait about all weekend for you and Ashley to have a chin wag , you’ve made ur bed by asking to speak to him now get it laid in and let us move on 

As you wish 2roland2

19:26

NEWCASTLE MANAGER HUNT

Newcastle appear to be closing in on Steve Bruce as their new manager this evening. Let's get an update from our reporter Keith Downie.

"I think we can say that this is looking imminent. Bruce spent this morning speaking to his Sheffield Wednesday bosses where he's asked them if he can have permission to speak to Newcastle. It's a massive task but it's a job he's always wanted. 

"He hasn't travelled up to the north east yet - I'm not expecting him tonight or tomorrow, so that would put in jeopardy his chances of joining the club on their flight to China on Saturday for the Asia Trophy. 

"He could join up with the squad next week, though and we're expecting Bruce to be announced, certainly, by the weekend."

Can we please stop abusing each other in posts. Mods don't want to start banning people, hiding posts etc. This is a very active thread and as a result difficult to.moderate.  One thing we don't want to do.is close it. Please be civil to each other.

• Thanks 2

Best not have to listen to some fake ‘thankyou’ and goodbye charade tommoro, if you wanna say bye to the players Brucey boy drop em a text and get ur boy Ashley to send his heli down and fetch ya 

get gone 

1 minute ago, Royal_D said:

Best not have to listen to some fake ‘thankyou’ and goodbye charade tommoro, if you wanna say bye to the players Brucey boy drop em a text and get ur boy Ashley to send his heli down and fetch ya 

get gone 

He needs to go if he's going. He did the same thing with the grunters didn't he?

You would think if this was his dream job he would actually get off his arse and travel to Newcastle to get it sorted. Wonder who will take training for us tomorrow. Probably Bullen. We need to move on ASAP and get the new man in place. Not being kept waiting for Bruce to go and sign his contract in his own time. 

Edited by WalthamOwl

19 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

It needs to be,  apparently he’s not even travelled upto Newcastle yet but asked for permission to speak to them 

pack your bags and get out of our football club, at least give us half a chance of rebuilding something before the season starts !  Why should we wait about all weekend for you and Ashley to have a chin wag , you’ve made ur bed by asking to speak to him now get it laid in and let us move on 

Probably told Ashley he'd pop up there after the match at Edgbaston.

1 minute ago, WalthamOwl said:

You would think if this was his dream job he would actually get of his arse and travel to Newcastle to get it sorted. Wonder who will take training for us tomorrow. Probably Bullen. We need to move on ASAP and get the new man in place. Not being kept waiting for Bruce to go and sign his contract in his own time. 

Maybe following this morning's meeting at Hillsborough, DC said yes, providing Ashley confirms he will pay the compensation. Maybe that's the holding point.

3 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

You would think if this was his dream job he would actually get off his arse and travel to Newcastle to get it sorted. Wonder who will take training for us tomorrow. Probably Bullen. We need to move on ASAP and get the new man in place. Not being kept waiting for Bruce to go and sign his contract in his own time. 

If he's asked Chansiri for permission to talk to Newcastle he may not have been given it. In which case his agent will have to do the talking.

Edited by Hookowl

3 minutes ago, Carbone said:

Well I don’t blame him. We haven’t signed anyone. I said the other day I think he’ll walk soon anyway because of our lack of transfers 

Borner and Odabajo announced with no doubt Harris to follow. Reasonable in terms of most Championship clubs to date.

Edited by Beauchief Owl

3 minutes ago, Carbone said:

Well I don’t blame him. We haven’t signed anyone. I said the other day I think he’ll walk soon anyway because of our lack of transfers 

We've signed 3 players and it's early July wtf you talking about?

• Haha 1