Steve Bruce favourite for Newcastle job

Guest Arnold

7 minutes ago, shandypants said:

The irony of that is we agreed to something more or less identical 5 months. It sounds like a joke, but it actually happened. Said at the time it was ludicrous. 

2 minutes ago, 2roland2 said:

I tell you something, there isn’t ever a day you don’t have to mention me, your obsessed give it a rest Minton. 

Its a football forum where people talk talk about football yet all you do is bring everything off topic. It’s dull. Just put me on ignore or something but either way post not poster 

He's having a laugh Roland.. I can see you don't want to join in.. fair enough..but that's all it is mate I'm sure..

1 minute ago, alan48 said:

Missed it yesterday when he left . Has he left again and I've missed it this time as well ?

he's supposedly left so many times, whilst not turning it down and putting it to bed like every other manager linked to that cauldron of a job, that we've grown apathetic to it. Even a lot of us that were sticking up for him have grown fed up of the speculation, which he could have easily ended like all their other targets that wanted nothing to do with that job and Ashley. Think the majority of us have accepted the inevitable, just want it speeding up one way or another, so we can carry on looking forward to the season with or without Bruce.

Really , really bad luck this.

While OK, those that think £5 million comp. is very good should compare with Lampard.

Derby got £4 million after Frank's one year in Championship , coming sixth.

On that basis, Ashley owes us £20 million with Bruce's track record in this division.

49 minutes ago, HOOTIE AND THE poo TU said:

Ashley gets Bruce

Ashley sells Newcastle

New owner comes in and sacks Bruce

Forget one hoots mate. Bruce and his family get vile tweets etc.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, fred mciver said:

Really , really bad luck this.

While OK, those that think £5 million comp. is very good should compare with Lampard.

Derby got £4 million after Frank's one year in Championship , coming sixth.

On that basis, Ashley owes us £20 million with Bruce's track record in this division.

How long was left on Lampard's contract? Was under the impression it was a couple of years.

If true Bruce is on a yearly rolling, that will reduce any compensation we could get. Realistically it should probably be around the same as Derby's compo for Lampard (assuming I'm right about the time left on his contract).

1 minute ago, StudentOwl said:

How long was left on Lampard's contract? Was under the impression it was a couple of years.

If true Bruce is on a yearly rolling, that will reduce any compensation we could get. Realistically it should probably be around the same as Derby's compo for Lampard (assuming I'm right about the time left on his contract).

It was a clause in Lampard's contract, nothing to do with the length of the contract. His was £3m if a Premier League side appoint him, £4m if it is a top 6 Premier League side. Apparently we have a similar clause.

• Thanks 1

Just now, 2roland2 said:

Can we please stick to the topic and not me ? Why the need to derail every thread to point at me?  

Just leave it alone costello 

Yeah sure.. but I'll leave you with this.. you're a prolific poster in a lot of threads and therefore going to get reactions..of all description.

I see that you're sensitive to personal remarks..but you'll draw them with your style of posting.

You'd do well to not think that you're Alan Shearer telling millions how team A can unlock team B before a world cup final....or Brian Clough telling the board how their club should be run ..imo.

Don't take yourself too seriously...and btw.. I promise I personally won't bother you again..wawaw.

4 minutes ago, 2roland2 said:

Again why? Post not poster , why is it so hard for the same people to not do this time after time? 

Mate we've been through this, if you keep on constantly negging the same people, they are gonna call you out on it, negs are used for when you disagree but can't be arsed to argue because the person is a complete f*cktard. Not for disagreeing while disagreeing :Sid:

• Haha 2