Steve Bruce favourite for Newcastle job

Guest Arnold

2 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Fair point. I think it’s probably a combination of factors. The bloke who said it was due to ‘broken promises’ doesn’t tweet rubbish. I think there will be an element in truth. We’ve had problems with recruitment, selling players and getting deals done in the past.

I’ll hold my hands up and apologise here. Maybe jumped the gun and went overboard on criticising DC with this one. We’ll see if anything emerges from the situation. 

Don’t doubt for a second that’s what Bruce has pushed out there as his excuse 

Is it true though 

43 minutes ago, Tudders said:

MA-You gonna take the job then Steve?

SB-Not sure Mike. You got the internet up here yet? If so, let me log on to Owlstalk.....

SB-Where do I sign Mike?

:duntmatter:

Made me laugh that. :laugh: I was just thinking along the lines of Laws interview saying how he thought Bruce would prefer to be at the club where he’s really wanted by the fan base. It’d be hard to call which club that is right now and he hasn’t even left yet.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, matthefish2002 said:

Think we will be hard pushed to appoint a manager who seems a better fit for us at the moment than Steve Bruce.
Maybe only Chris Houghton and if its not him as next manager think we might have to go for some not tested last this level.
Hopefully not another foreign manager who has never managed in England before.

It's very annoying. It all seemed to be clicking into place - I'm a firm believer in the right man at the right time.

But… He's Steve Bruce, not Pep…

The sun will rise tomorrow.

5 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Fair point. I think it’s probably a combination of factors. The bloke who said it was due to ‘broken promises’ doesn’t tweet rubbish. I think there will be an element in truth. We’ve had problems with recruitment, selling players and getting deals done in the past.

I’ll hold my hands up and apologise here. Maybe jumped the gun and went overboard on criticising DC with this one. We’ll see if anything emerges from the situation. 

Don't let these rumblezoids cow you Sal. Feel the rage. 

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, 2roland2 said:

I think hughton would do a good job but get ready for negative football if he comes in.

i would like us to punt on Cowleys if bruce leaves 

19 minutes ago, striker said:

I stand to be corrected  but understood their brand of football wasn't pretty. 

Been a few vacancies and no-one else seems too interested, despite a relatively high profile for the lower leagues. 

Don't know much about them to be honest, what would they bring to the party?

Danny Cowley was interviewed for the managerial position at West Brom and was odds on with the bookies to get the job.

A compensation package of £500k was agreed with Lincoln and at one point it was said that he would be appointed within 24hrs - then nothing happened, not sure what went on?

32 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Look at everyone turning on Bruce ffs. 

A job he’s always wanted, move back closer to his wife and family, more pay and one last shot at the Premier League. He’s 58, not far off retirement age.

Bruce is no mug and this is a fantastic opportunity for him to get out and end his career closer to home. 

His wife and family are in Cheshire 

:duntmatter:

• Haha 1

Be interesting if Bruce does say anything about why he left if indeed he does, was he promised things that didn’t materialise, signings, getting deals done. Or perhaps he will just play the whole it’s his dream job and this would be the last chance to manage “his club”

1 minute ago, WalthamOwl said:

Be interesting if Bruce does say anything about why he left if indeed he does, was he promised things that didn’t materialise, signings, getting deals done. Or perhaps he will just play the whole it’s his dream job and this would be the last chance to manage “his club”

Be interesting to hear Simon Jordan's opinion on this move  (IF it happens)

1 minute ago, WalthamOwl said:

Think it will the boyhood club line if he goes.
Would look bad slagging off club he has just walked on after Wednesday bent over backwards for him to get him to come here.

Just now, thewookieisdown said:

It's bad news but there is a reason why Newcastle fans are appalled by this. It isn't exactly like losing Big Ron all those years ago. We move on. 

We lost Judas and followed it up with a couple of remarkable seasons. F*ck Judas Mk 2 we’ll do without him. 

10 minutes ago, Bloxwich Owl said:

Danny Cowley was interviewed for the managerial position at West Brom and was odds on with the bookies to get the job.

A compensation package of £500k was agreed with Lincoln and at one point it was said that he would be appointed within 24hrs - then nothing happened, not sure what went on?

Well Bilic is a much better manager thats what went on. 

Just now, camffiti said:

Be interesting to hear Simon Jordan's opinion on this move  (IF it happens)

Simon Jordan is probably right to be annoyed Bruce walked out on Palace but that must be going over 15 years ago now.
I bet Simon Jordan wasn't very loyal to manager either after a 2 or 3 bad results.

its football though everyone in it knows how fickle it is.