Steve Bruce favourite for Newcastle job

Guest Arnold

Just now, matthefish2002 said:

I know what you mean. Just think people are annoyed if he is going after we stuck our necks out and waited a month for him, paid him a hefty wage and allowed him to bring in whoever he wanted as back room staff.

Firstly of course he should be allowed to bring in whoever he wants as backroom staff. The manager should have control over that to give him the best chance of success. 

We rightly waited a month because he was the best candidate. And it was common human decency to give him time off after the year he had. Ludicrous people are using that as a stick to beat him with, wasn’t long ago we were all calling Danny Murphy names for suggesting it was wrong.

Maybe I am too harsh on DC, I never fault his effort and commitment. But our best chance at promotion has gone just like that. Everyone was calling Bruce a man of his word and highly respectable not long ago. Now he’s a complete charlatan who has screwed us over. I’m sure there’s more to him leaving than meets the eye.

12 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Look at everyone turning on Bruce ffs. 

A job he’s always wanted, move back closer to his wife and family, more pay and one last shot at the Premier League. He’s 58, not far off retirement age.

Bruce is no mug and this is a fantastic opportunity for him to get out and end his career closer to home. 

He lives in Cheshire  !.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, 2roland2 said:

Agree with you I’m not his biggest fan but he’s done everything he can to keep Bruce happy, if he goes it’s nothing to do with Chansiri, he knew where we were when he came in.

Oh that wasn't a dig at you mate, and be fair, you know I love arguing with you, I'm just fed up with Sallys utter constant stream of sh*te toward DC, and spending every single day trying to find or invent new ways to bury DC. Concerned about the club, sound, concerned about our FFP, sound, I get it, but Sallys vendetta against DC runs far deeper it seems as others have alluded to

2 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Firstly of course he should be allowed to bring in whoever he wants as backroom staff. The manager should have control over that to give him the best chance of success. 

We rightly waited a month because he was the best candidate. And it was common human decency to give him time off after the year he had. Ludicrous people are using that as a stick to beat him with, wasn’t long ago we were all calling Danny Murphy names for suggesting it was wrong.

Maybe I am too harsh on DC, I never fault his effort and commitment. But our best chance at promotion has gone just like that. Everyone was calling Bruce a man of his word and highly respectable not long ago. Now he’s a complete charlatan who has screwed us over. I’m sure there’s more to him leaving than meets the eye.

Common Human Deceny doesn’t exist in football 

we went above and beyond what many other clubs would have done 

5 minutes ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

More and more I think that Sally Cinnamon has an agenda against Chansiri that goes deeper than matters surrounding the club.....

And that's all I'll say.

Don’t be daft. I’ve praised DC numerous times. His handling of the GH situation, his commitment and passion to bring success, the appointment of Bruce, the improvement he’s done to the ground.

4 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

I never called Bruce a man of his word, I didn't really want him here and pointed out his history of bailing as soon as more money comes up. Pigs, Wigan, Palace, but I honestly was impressed by him when he joined, despite my previous thoughts on him. You can see how much thats worth

The issue and story here is the length of time in the job, the narrative of how DC stood by him when he wanted time out to deal with other issues and the timing so close to the season. 

Had he been here for 2 years and this has come up, it would have received a totally different reaction. 

1 minute ago, SallyCinnamon said:

We rightly waited a mon

th because he was the best candidate. And it was common human decency to give him time off after the year he had. Ludicrous people are using that as a stick to beat him with, wasn’t long ago we were all calling Danny Murphy names for suggesting it was wrong.

I am sure there isn't. If a football club comes in from the Premier League for you get paid more and a involved in a higher level of football. Think its that simple.
Club has just been a victim of circumstance.

Just now, matthefish2002 said:

I am sure there isn't. If a football club comes in from the Premier League for you get paid more and a involved in a higher level of football. Think its that simple.

We have a winner. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, 2roland2 said:

Yeah I get it,  like I said I dont think Chansiri could have done any more than he has.

I'm with you mate, 100% DC has bent over backwards for Bruce, and got sh*t on for it.  Honestly, I can see DC going back to the unknown foreign mangers just because he will get more respect out of them 

Guest The Horse

Unfortunately he can take the Newcastle job knowing he'll probably be only in the job for a few months before he's sacked, get his retirement pay off wedge in the bank and be in the Bahamas for Christmas, sipping on a cold one knowing he's set for life.

1 minute ago, The Horse said:

Unfortunately he can take the Newcastle job knowing he'll probably be only in the job for a few months before he's sacked, get his retirement pay off wedge in the bank and be in the Bahamas for Christmas, sipping on a cold one knowing he's set for life.

It's just not cricket is it?

• Haha 1

I truly thought with the arrival of Bruce karma was kicking in for all the wrongs he'd done against us. For example managing the blades, scoring against us in fergie time, the Wembley play off final and the bizarre game against villa with not a single decision going our way and then he trumps it all by leaving us high and dry just before the season starts. I can't wait for a preseason where theres no drama's. 

4 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

Fair point. I think it’s probably a combination of factors. The bloke who said it was due to ‘broken promises’ doesn’t tweet rubbish. I think there will be an element in truth. We’ve had problems with recruitment, selling players and getting deals done in the past.

I’ll hold my hands up and apologise here. Maybe jumped the gun and went overboard on criticising DC with this one. We’ll see if anything emerges from the situation. 

• Like 2

Just now, happy bunny said:

Anybody think DC might actually be grinning about the circumstances

£5m into the club without batting an eyelid and the chance to appoint what might be a better manager than you had

Think we will be hard pushed to appoint a manager who seems a better fit for us at the moment than Steve Bruce.
Maybe only Chris Houghton and if its not him as next manager think we might have to go for some not tested last this level.
Hopefully not another foreign manager who has never managed in England before.