Steve Bruce favourite for Newcastle job

Guest Arnold

Look at everyone turning on Bruce ffs. 

A job he’s always wanted, move back closer to his wife and family, more pay and one last shot at the Premier League. He’s 58, not far off retirement age.

Bruce is no mug and this is a fantastic opportunity for him to get out and end his career closer to home. 

Edited by SallyCinnamon

16 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

Sky bet now showing 1/16. I think that means they are quite confident it will happen. 

To be fair, with all the media reports of this deal the price was always going to drop as low as it is now.

Doesn't mean it's a done deal ,just means bookies don't want to take that risk.

1 minute ago, SallyCinnamon said:

A job he’s always wanted, move back closer to his wife and family, more pay and one last shot at the Premier League. He’s 58, not far off retirement age.

Yes it’s disappointing but like I’ve said, Bruce going indicates to me that he’s not sure the club is going in the right direction behind the scenes. Just look at our accounts, saved by the sale of our stadium which is now registered in Hong Kong. The chairman has played Russian roulette with the club. Can someone point me to anything which makes you think the club is being ran sustainably and properly? I commend Mr Chansiri for his commitment and effort, no doubt but we need to start learning from our mistakes. Bruce going indicates that there is still influence and control from his advisor. 

Bruce is no mug and this is a fantastic opportunity for him to get out and end his career closer to home. 

Oh aye - this club is not going in the right direction, but Newcastle is? Dodgy chairman, fans on his back from day one, trying to flog the club - not exactly utopia is it?

Joke - stop backing him, he's royally screwed us - he knows he won't be in that job up there 2 minutes, it's a payday and that is that - no symapthy for him after we bent over backwards for him to enjoy his time in the sunshine. 

Doesn't really matter if our fans turn on Bruce. Its what you'd expect. If we get a good replacement that people are happy with it'll probably create a stronger bond with him, everyone will use the wasted Bruce hate energy and create some strong top 6 energy wavessssss. 

2 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Yes it’s disappointing but like I’ve said, Bruce going indicates to me that he’s not sure the club is going in the right direction behind the scenes. Just look at our accounts, saved by the sale of our stadium which is now registered in Hong Kong. The chairman has played Russian roulette with the club. Can someone point me to anything which makes you think the club is being ran sustainably and properly? I commend Mr Chansiri for his commitment and effort, no doubt but we need to start learning from our mistakes. Bruce going indicates that there is still influence and control from his advisor. 

You really are a disgrace to your username!!!

There are so many assumptions and outright contradictions in this post, that I'm starting to think you're making it up as you go along.

On one hand, Bruce is off because Newcastle is a great job. On the other, it is due to broken promises and control from Chansiris advisers. 

You are so desperate to put the boot in, you will literally post anything. 

4 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Oh ffs, stop trying to blame DC for everything, we get it, you hate him. Yes, he's made mistakes, sh*t, hes even admitted to making mistakes, this, isn't on him. He gave Bruce the time he wanted, paid him very well, brought in whoever he wanted to the backroom staff, and was willing to back him with players, as the 3 he signed proved, and hey, we are coming out of the embargo you were using to beat DC with and blame him for Bruce leaving this morning. It's actually quite sad and pathetic now how you automatically just use any negative thing to try and have a go at DC. 

Honestly, you are becoming a parody at this point.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

A job he’s always wanted? Didn’t he turn it down other year??

3 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

I know what you mean. Just think people are annoyed if he is going after we stuck our necks out and waited a month for him, paid him a hefty wage and allowed him to bring in whoever he wanted as back room staff.

5 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

That’s his prerogative.

But swfc have every reason to be hacked off given the effect it has on us and after all the graft this summer to set him up to have a crack at it.

1 minute ago, 2roland2 said:

I think hughton would do a good job but get ready for negative football if he comes in.

i would like us to punt on Cowleys if bruce leaves 

I stand to be corrected  but understood their brand of football wasn't pretty. 

Been a few vacancies and no-one else seems too interested, despite a relatively high profile for the lower leagues. 

Don't know much about them to be honest, what would they bring to the party?

10 minutes ago, modboy said:

Pissed off but it we do get five million then so be it, several experienced managers out of work that appeal. Hughton or Jokanavic for me. 

Jokanavic took a job in Qatar about a month ago - don't think we're going to poach him away fom that salary!

Everybody mentions Hughton but there's nothing to suggest that he'd be interested, he's 60 years old and settled down south. He'd probably be my choice of the out of work managers but I just can't see him coming here now. I just hope it's not another random batshit unknown foreign appointment.

Just now, striker said:

I stand to be corrected  but understood their brand of football wasn't pretty. 

Been a few vacancies and no-one else seems too interested, despite a relatively high profile for the lower leagues. 

Don't know much about them to be honest, what would they bring to the party?

Lump it to big man and get runners of him and hope for best

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, 2roland2 said:

He has t been courting them for long because Benitez only left 11 days ago, and they have had apparently about 4 managers turn it down before they even turned to Bruce. 

I will be gutted if he goes but if you take off our blue tinted specs, why would he not go?  Ashley is the only reason not too but he’s a fan, they are in the prem and probably have 40/50 mill to spend and he gets a huge pay rise. 

It is t like we haven’t poached managers before, it’s just not as nice when it happens in reverse. 

I hope he ends up staying but if he goes we just need to concentrate on not making the mistakes we did like appointing another Jo’s or Carlos. 

I get what the pull is....it’s about money. As always. Flip the fans at either club. 

Doesn’t mean we should be happy about it. We as a club and a fan base have every right to feel aggrieved by this. 

Signed a contract at Wednesday less than 6 months ago.

Personally think we deserve more respect. 

Just now, Birley Owl 1867 said:

More and more I think that Sally Cinnamon has an agenda against Chansiri that goes deeper than matters surrounding the club.....

And that's all I'll say.

Does he heck.

He just likes to throw toys out the pram and get some attention.

Everything is a f00king drama. 

Don't get the Chansiri abuse. The guy bent over backwards to get him in on his terms. By Bruce's own account Chansiri was honest with him about the financial situation. He has retained the players Bruce wanted and signed others. He has also bought in Bruces backroom staff. 

If Newcastle hadn't come knocking then Bruce would have been our manager this season. For me Chansiri takes zero blame for Bruce jumping ship.