David Turnbull

2 hours ago, Peacenocchio said:

When you see this lad touted at 3 million and think to us getting Brunt and Whelan for free in one close season...

Brunt hadnt played a professional game and whelan had only had a loan spell at Bury. This guy is 19 and was 3rd top scorer from midfield, all be it in a pub league. Still reckon he'll go to celtic, but I hope he sees sense and comes to us based on Bruce's past signings. 

47 minutes ago, BIG D said:

I’m pretty sure this is incorrect and we got £3M for Brunt at Christmas when he had 6 months left on his contract?

I think he was referring to us signing them for free.

We got about 250k for whelan from stoke with six months left.

3m for Brunt with a year left

53 minutes ago, steveger said:

he gets the chance to come to civilisation England then i reckon he will be off down the A66 like shyte of a shovel....:rolleyes:

Think that we have running water and electricity should sway it. Burning peat and fetching water from a well must be tiresome. :-)

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

I think he was referring to us signing them for free.

We got about 250k for whelan from stoke with six months left.

3m for Brunt with a year left

Sorry, just realised that 

:duntmatter:

2 hours ago, ANDY said:

Nixon gets no information from Bruce at moment hence not happy at moment will not say much in our favour. Comments about us have all originated from other club. Certainly annoyed sister paper had got a story on Turnbull. 

If we have money to pay fee think we will get him. If Celtic back down not good after going into print.

Guest wilyfox
1 hour ago, Quist said:

Nixon gets no information from Bruce at moment hence not happy at moment will not say much in our favour. Comments about us have all originated from other club. Certainly annoyed sister paper had got a story on Turnbull. 

If we have money to pay fee think we will get him. If Celtic back down not good after going into print.

Either that, or it was an exciting story lasting all of 24hrs. 

2 minutes ago, Owls-Fan said:

Am I the only one who doesn’t understand what this link has to do with Turnbull? 

Hate things like this, every one else seems to know, are they just as confused, but dont want to look (not in the know).

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, daleblue said:

Hate things like this, every one else seems to know, are they just as confused, but dont want to look (not in the know).

Pretty sure he was just practicing copying and pasting a Tweet.

:duntmatter:

He asked someone, then tried it.

Did you read the thread?

:Sid:

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, malek said:

Not often you can see club blaming player's agent in public for deal not going through, do you ?!

Now all Celtic fans on twitter are calling both player and agent greedy.

Strange move by Celtic if they are expecting to conclude the deal.

This does seem strange, hardly engaging him to his potential new fan base is it.

2 minutes ago, Owls-Fan said:

This does seem strange, hardly engaging him to his potential new fan base is it.

Can't imagine the agent will be too happy either, potentially making it even harder to conclude a deal. It's odd, I'm glad we don't do it, sometimes it's better not to know until things are solid.

• Like 1