David Turnbull

1 hour ago, Mrs Blenkinsops shed said:

Billionaire tho

:Chansiri:

FFS can't some of you get to grips that Mr C is no way a billionaire, the whole company assets  aren't worth a  billion. His father who holds most of the shares and most of the family wealth is worth £800 million  Also wondering how this buy would affect FFP which is far too complicated for me.

I too hadn't heard of him. But going from his age; the reports, his record last season and footage of him, he looks and sounds like he would be a coup if we got him? The kind of player that could improve our midfield and potentially substantially increase his valuation over time. Don't know if we'll get him but if we somehow did, then it would look like we mean business.

Edited by The Night-Owl

12 minutes ago, Buckwheat said:

FFS can't some of you get to grips that Mr C is no way a billionaire, the whole company assets  aren't worth a  billion. His father who holds most of the shares and most of the family wealth is worth £800 million  Also wondering how this buy would affect FFP which is far too complicated for me.

How do you know have you got records of all his financial wealth?  

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, The Night-Owl said:

I too hadn't heard of him. But going from his age; the reports, his record last season and footage of him, he looks and sounds like he would be a coup if we got him? The kind of player that could improve our midfield and potentially substantially increase his valuation over time. Don't know if we'll get him but if we somehow did, then it would look like we mean business.

Level of talent that we rarely get linked with. Not only quality player that would improve our squad, but shrewd investment as well.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Ian said:

What because Bannan, Fletcher and Wallace in recent years have been so bad for us?

Those three were already proven players at this level in English football when they joined us. 

Look at our recent gambles for young Scottish stars, all turned out to be not worth the haggis we paid for them.

£3m, plus wages, agents fees, signing on fees, it's too big a gamble for me. 

7 minutes ago, malek said:

Level of talent that we rarely get linked with. Not only quality player that would improve our squad, but shrewd investment as well.

Yep, think it's the difference a proven manager makes. His eye for a player is class and his contacts are up there. I had ever heard of McGinn either but look at how he took the League by storm last season and he too was spotted by Bruce and signed by him. Exciting times are back, no matter who we sign, it seems we've finally got the manager we've needed for years and he means business.

Edited by The Night-Owl

4 minutes ago, Womble Owl said:

Those three were already proven players at this level in English football when they joined us. 

Look at our recent gambles for young Scottish stars, all turned out to be not worth the haggis we paid for them.

£3m, plus wages, agents fees, signing on fees, it's too big a gamble for me. 

Valid fears. But on the other hand, he looks the real deal and his age, it's a no brainer, if we really can afford the deal? Plus Bruce got McGinn for Villa from Scottish obscurity and look at how class he was too.

5 minutes ago, The Night-Owl said:

Yep, think it's the difference a proven manager makes. His eye for a player is class and his contacts are up there. I had ever heard of McGinn either but look at how he took the League by storm last season and he too was spotted by Bruce and signed by him. Exciting times are back, no matter who we sign, it seems we've finally got the manager we've needed for years and he means business.

I knew about McGinn for a long time, and just like Turnbull he too turned down chances to join Celtic and Championship clubs (Sheff Utd), but once Villa and Bruce got interested he decided to leave Hibs and go to England.

As you said, Bruce seems to have great contacts in the game, and got "name value". Seems that most players really want to play for him.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, edinburghowl said:

Stevie May scored 7 in the English Championship at Hillsborough, he hasn’t managed that figure again in the SPFL since he came back north of the border. There’s not a huge amount of difference between keepers and defenders in both leagues. May just isn’t very good

That knee injury seemed to finish him off.

Just now, Bluesteel said:

That knee injury seemed to finish him off.

I am always wary of players who lack the basic footballing skills. He never looked like a footballer to me, and it’s the same with Winnall It’s alright people saying, well he scored goals, and he might well have done, but if you don’t have the all round game, you won’t get far at this level We’ve all played with players, who were not very good, but still managed to score goals

Usually I wouldn’t be keen on signing from the SPL. But I really trust Bruce, McGinn last year... what a player he turned out to be and he also bought Robertson to Hull from Scotland, don’t think he turned out too bad.

Turnbull clearly has a lot of admirers and to score that amount of goals at such a young age, from midfield for £3m I think it would be a great signing.

4 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

I am always wary of players who lack the basic footballing skills. He never looked like a footballer to me, and it’s the same with Winnall It’s alright people saying, well he scored goals, and he might well have done, but if you don’t have the all round game, you won’t get far at this level We’ve all played with players, who were not very good, but still managed to score goals

Winnall is loads better than may