David Turnbull

Is this the player celtic were sending tweets out about earlier in the week?

Its the right type of signing. However the dosh required is a bit of a head scratcher for me. 

This smacks of agent talk, if in doubt, link Wednesday. That might hurry up things with celtic. 

Edited by Maddogbob

Just now, WalthamOwl said:

Can’t see us spending 3 million on a player and also offering more wages than Celtic. Think he will still end up at Celtic. 

Looking at official tweet from Celtic regarding him, I don't think he will sign with them.

28 minutes ago, edinburghowl said:

Mate, do you think there is any trouth in these reports ?

I know Barnsley offeres 2m for him and got it turned down...

Then again Bruce signed McGinn and there is a chance he thinks of Turnbull as a better prospect.

Keeping fingers crossed.

• Like 1

Don't know much about the player, but seems highly rated. I'm confident we can compete with Celtic on wages, but the fee and FFP may be an issue. 

That said £3m amortized over a 4 or 5 year contract for FFP purposes may be realistic. 

Just hope if it comes off he will be a McGinn type of signing and not a Rhys McCabe type. 

That said, sometimes it is necessary to take a calculated risk. If reported interest in this lad and Onomah is followed up, our midfield would start looking a lot stronger and we would own players with real potenrial to increase in value. 

• Like 2

Guest LondonOwl313
24 minutes ago, TrickyTrev said:

He wants £20k a week which is probably £10k less than Abdi was on so can’t see the wages being a problem.

The £3m fee on the other hand is a whole different matter.

I’d say the wages are the bigger issue because if you think about it, a 4 year deal on £20k a week would be £4m in wages and £7m total outlay.

if he’s a flop, which tbh happens frequently when players sign from Scotland, we’d never be able to sell him back across the border if he’s on that. At least with the fee we might recoup half, but the wages are a big risk

on the other hand he might be the next Robertson or McGinn and therefore a bargain.. hard to say but it’s a big outlay for someone who’s only played 30 games at that level

1 hour ago, TrickyTrev said:

He wants £20k a week which is probably £10k less than Abdi was on so can’t see the wages being a problem.

The £3m fee on the other hand is a whole different matter.

Not a problem 

DC Cabs is up and running , although there has been a few teething problems 

See the source image

• Haha 9