David Turnbull

1 hour ago, gurujuan said:

I’m not sure that he is mate Those that were saying that we got him for a steal, and could sell him on for 3m, I don’t think we’d get much more than we paid for him, even at today’s inflated prices

His goal scoring record is better, at 25 he’d scored 12 in half a season and in terms of goal ratio in the EFL he was the top performer. May was flat footed and a bit awkward. Winnall was one of our more mobile strikers but just didn’t have the link play of Hooper or Fletcher. Sometimes football doesn’t need to be complicated and I think Winnall epitomises that. He just has a go and does have a knack of getting goals.

Based on his record when we signed him, had we given him a proper run I’m convinced we’d make money on him. We would have sold him to derby for a good few quid had he not done his knee and it’s that injury that probably means we will only get our money back or maybe a small profit. But he’s a capable player at this level and well up for it.

1 hour ago, casbahowl said:

Are you really being serious comparing him to one game wonder Clare?

To be fair, Clare had a few decent games here and at Gillingham and would’ve been better off staying here as he’d have got game time. We are now looking to buy a younger player to add some legs in midfield.

In terms of their style of play and physical build, players like Turnbull, Clare and Bayliss are all very similar in that they make those runs forward from midfield and have the confidence to carry the ball and have a shot.

Edited by Bluesteel

Guest wilyfox
3 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

Facially?

Hope Turnbull isn’t reading :duntmatter:

Can be however ugly he likes if he plays like LeTissier. 

2 hours ago, Great Big Galaa said:

If we pull this deal off, I suspect it won’t go down well with the bastion of financial fair play?

80D11739-3F28-43D6-8D22-E8CA6DA2BC85.jpeg

He has only thrown his toys out of his pram because he has run out of failure payments from the premier league.

• Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

To be fair, Clare had a few decent games here and at Gillingham and would’ve been better off staying here as he’d have got game time. We are now looking to buy a younger player to add some legs in midfield.

In terms of their style of play and physical build, players like Turnbull, Clare and Bayliss are all very similar in that they make those runs forward from midfield and have the confidence to carry the ball and have a shot.

Clare can’t be that bad, he played over 30 games for Hearts last season. 

3 hours ago, gurujuan said:

I’m not sure that he is mate Those that were saying that we got him for a steal, and could sell him on for 3m, I don’t think we’d get much more than we paid for him, even at today’s inflated prices

I honestly think Winnall, given a proper run in a settled team, would score loads of goals at this level.

11 minutes ago, Spookone said:

I honestly think Winnall, given a proper run in a settled team, would score loads of goals at this level.

Not so sure, but I think he’d get goals galore in the league below, where there’s less emphasis on the other aspects of his game Can just imagine him bundling us out of the cup somewhere, if he moves on

1 hour ago, gurujuan said:

Clare can’t be that bad, he played over 30 games for Hearts last season. 

I think he’d have got just as many in the championship and that’s where the real test and the money is if you stand out. 

Do well at Hearts and you end up in the championship again or prem relegation fodder at best.

Edited by Bluesteel

9 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

It has always had the whiff of an agent using us. But good to see we are interested in some more mobile midfielders

Why would they need to use us, as there is already confirmed interest from likes of Southampton, Brighton, Barnsley... ?!

15 minutes ago, malek said:

Why would they need to use us, as there is already confirmed interest from likes of Southampton, Brighton, Barnsley... ?!

They will use whoever is willing to make a last minute bid, not just perceived interest....and Barnsley aren’t worth worrying about. But if the player wants to go to Celtic, his agent courting us into a bid just means it costs Celtic a bigger wage and earns him more cash.

Edited by Bluesteel