David Turnbull

8 minutes ago, Peacenocchio said:

Remember seeing the Stevie May clip and wondering ho many would have been goals against decent keepers and defenders. We got an answer eventually..... not many.

Still, think kid looks pretty good to be fair.

In fairness that video is far more impressive than Stevie Mays.... not that it matters though as I really can’t see this one happening.

10 minutes ago, Peacenocchio said:

Remember seeing the Stevie May clip and wondering ho many would have been goals against decent keepers and defenders. We got an answer eventually..... not many.

Still, think kid looks pretty good to be fair.

Stevie May scored 7 in the English Championship at Hillsborough, he hasn’t managed that figure again in the SPFL since he came back north of the border. There’s not a huge amount of difference between keepers and defenders in both leagues. May just isn’t very good

4 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Ah, the curious case of Stevie May.

He'd scored 77 goals by the time he signed for us, aged 21.

In the five years since then, he's notched a grand total of 16.

:blink:

It’s a shame what has happened to him. He will likely be playing in the Scottish a Championship soon if he carries on as he has been

1 hour ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

How have we made it page two before the customary YouTube video, complete with godawful backing track?

Looks a player to be fair, can understand why there is interest in him. 

The one thing that gives me confidence is that we now have a proper scouting structure in place since Bruce arrived and sure we've done our due diligence  

Edited by striker

8 minutes ago, edinburghowl said:

Stevie May scored 7 in the English Championship at Hillsborough, he hasn’t managed that figure again in the SPFL since he came back north of the border. There’s not a huge amount of difference between keepers and defenders in both leagues. May just isn’t very good

Was never good enough, weak and actually not very quick despite looking like he was. Bit like Winnall. 

9 hours ago, malek said:

Mate, do you think there is any trouth in these reports ?

I know Barnsley offeres 2m for him and got it turned down...

Then again Bruce signed McGinn and there is a chance he thinks of Turnbull as a better prospect.

Keeping fingers crossed.

Last youngster Bruce brought down from Scotland was Robertson and on that I expect nothing more than this lad being the best attacking midfielder in the world in the next 2 years

• Haha 2

33 minutes ago, edinburghowl said:

Think he was further diminished by the injury he picked up at Preston.

1 hour ago, Mycroft said:

We have millions to spend but as is the Wednesday way we can't.   You wait over 100 bloody years for a billionaire to come along and he might as well be a pauper bugger FFP.  

Yeah he (Chansiri) can, he just needs to be more savvy in the transfer market and this type of signing is exactly what he should be looking at i.e. young with potential as opposed to hoarding players with little or no resale value as before. 

1 minute ago, ChinaOwl said:

Yeah he (Chansiri) can, he just needs to be more savvy in the transfer market and this type of signing is exactly what he should be looking at i.e. young with potential as opposed to hoarding players with little or no resale value as before. 

I thought the issue was that he had to be savvy so we wouldn't be under anymore transfer embargoes and if he had his way he would have spent more money than he already has. 

1 minute ago, Mycroft said:

I thought the issue was that he had to be savvy so we wouldn't be under anymore transfer embargoes and if he had his way he would have spent more money than he already has. 

He does but I am also pretty sure he can create wriggle room but it would still require wheeling and dealing at this stage and a bit of creative accountancy. Then knowing how to play the market in a more savvy way going forward. Buying players that can be sold for substantially more than they were bought for would definitely be a way forward.

Just now, ChinaOwl said:

He does but I am also pretty sure he can create wriggle room but it would still require wheeling and dealing at this stage and a bit of creative accountancy. Then knowing how to play the market in a more savvy way going forward. Buying players that can be sold for substantially more than they were bought for would definitely be a way forward.

My point is purely that for over 100 plus years clubs have been allowed to chuck money around by their rich benefactors but soon as we get one we can't bloody spend out without been savvy.   I agree with everything your saying I'm just crying into my beer.  

Goals from midfield is what we have been missing for the last two seasons.

Looks like he would bring that. Looks a great prospect. If he can replicate that he would be a star for us and make us alot on resale if we can't get promoted.

10 hours ago, gurujuan said:

Wait a minute, he’s Scottish isn’t he? For that reason, I’m out

Merely jesting of course, these are the type of young players we should be bringing in. Of course it depends how much is available for Bruce to spend. I wouldn’t want to spend money that could be used to secure Hector, for example, but I’m all for bringing in younger players, if we can get them at the right price