David Turnbull

42 minutes ago, shezzas left peg said:

Didn't we sign hinds from a Scottish club though bud?? 

Im sure we brought him back south, though my point was they were league 1 standard. I'll grant you hinds and mcgovern were good signings at the time, but that's what league we were in. 

Forgot to add McLean to that list too lol

As for the two Celtic lads Donnelly and o'donnell, we're useless in the prem/old top division and not much better in a lower league either. 

Sources close to Richard Hinds claim he’s never been to Scotland :ph34r:

• Haha 2

Despite this being exactly the type of signing I think we need; player on the up, great future in front of him, youthful energy and all that... I do worry about how it all goes if he doesn’t hit floor running or has a bad game or two. 

He’d likely replace either Bannan or Hutch in a two man centring or Bannan, Hutch, Lee or Reach in a three man. And as owls we’re often far from wise and especially not patient when it comes to getting on players backs. 

After two or three below par games I could see us chanting for one of the fan favourites to return, rather than letting the young lad get through it and develop into what I assume will be a quality player. 

Celtic are obviously a bigger club than us. That's why he'd go there.

Although how boring must it be knowing you'll only be challenged as a footballer two or three times a season in domestic games? If they don't get through European qualifying it's just endless trips around dogshit grounds all while being coached on a daily basis by Neil Lennon. Fuck that.

To be honest though the main reason I want him to sign is so we can get another one of those unintelligible Scottish conversations, like with Bannan and Fletcher, where they just make up words and make noises to each other.