David Turnbull

Guest wilyfox
1 minute ago, malek said:

In all honesty, who in their right mind would chose to play for Lennon instead of Bruce given choice.

Gary Hooper, probably. 

1 minute ago, malek said:

In all honesty, who in their right mind would chose to play for Lennon instead of Bruce given choice.

I thought that earlier, I think the champions league aspect would swing it in Celtic’s favour.  

6 minutes ago, malek said:

I can’t think of why any decent player would want to play in the bloomin Scottish league over the championship, you couldn’t pay me enough 

5 minutes ago, Owls-Fan said:

I thought that earlier, I think the champions league aspect would swing it in Celtic’s favour.  

True, who wouldn't want to get embarassed every other midweek...

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, malek said:

True, who wouldn't want to get embarassed every other midweek...

Don’t think players worry about that tho, whenever Celtic qualify to the groups they are usually in a group with Barcelona etc. So players probably think that’s two games to look forward to and impress massive clubs. 

2 minutes ago, Owls-Fan said:

Don’t think players worry about that tho, whenever Celtic qualify to the groups they are usually in a group with Barcelona etc. So players probably think that’s two games to look forward to and impress massive clubs. 

Just kidding :)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, stocksyuto said:

Hes 19 years old, will Celtic play him week in week out? That or come to England and impress, whoever he goes to is only a stepping stone in his career 

With Bruce bringing over likes of Robertson and McGinn he could see Bruce as right man to develop him and help him to the next level. Especially if we are willing to offer better wages then Celtic. Could be logical next step in his career.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, stocksyuto said:

Hes 19 years old, will Celtic play him week in week out? That or come to England and impress, whoever he goes to is only a stepping stone in his career 

Not sure about that we've got previous for killing off promising careers.

I see there’s an article of some Celtic fans reaction to Turnbull being linked to us and naturally they aren’t too flattering about someone wanting to play for Sheffield Wednesday.  I feel they may be slightly underestimating our club, ambitions and Championship football. Yes we are a mid table side at the moment, but when someone gets it right at Wednesday they will have a big club on their hands. As Bruce has said himself 

2 hours ago, FreshOwl said:

I can’t think of why any decent player would want to play in the bloomin Scottish league over the championship, you couldn’t pay me enough 

Well, here's two reasons:

It's a nicer country to live in and you're probably close to minimum wage anyway. 

21 hours ago, Shezza said:

Hinds is from Sheffield. Hardly a scottish flop, or a flop at all. Not the greatest, but a decent squad player brought in on a shoestring budget.

McGovern was instrumental in our promotion under Sturrock. Scored twice in the play-offs. Shame about those injuries. Could have done well in the Championship. Would love to sign that style of winger now. 

He’s scottish, though, I’ll give you that. 

Didn't we sign hinds from a Scottish club though bud?? 

Im sure we brought him back south, though my point was they were league 1 standard. I'll grant you hinds and mcgovern were good signings at the time, but that's what league we were in. 

Forgot to add McLean to that list too lol

As for the two Celtic lads Donnelly and o'donnell, we're useless in the prem/old top division and not much better in a lower league either. 

5 minutes ago, shezzas left peg said:

Didn't we sign hinds from a Scottish club though bud?? 

Im sure we brought him back south, though my point was they were league 1 standard. I'll grant you hinds and mcgovern were good signings at the time, but that's what league we were in. 

Forgot to add McLean to that list too lol

As for the two Celtic lads Donnelly and o'donnell, we're useless in the prem/old top division and not much better in a lower league either. 

We did indeed bring Hinds back down south...from Scunthorpe.

:duntmatter:

• Haha 1