David Turnbull

10 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

Winnall is loads better than may 

I’m not sure that he is mate Those that were saying that we got him for a steal, and could sell him on for 3m, I don’t think we’d get much more than we paid for him, even at today’s inflated prices

Edited by gurujuan

A bit of Sunday hungover investigation for you here.

Turnbull and Motherwell have just been followed by SMI World a UK based sports agency. Motherwell have followed the agency back. I know this particular agency have a few Wednesday players on their books. Most notably Bannan and a few of the younger lads, Alex Hunt is one of them. Also they started following Moses Odubajo around the time we were linked with him.

I don’t quite know what their relationship with the club is but I have a feeling they help facilitate a few moves. Downing is another player on their books who has been linked with a move to Wednesday this summer.

Might be a load of rubbish, but might be something in it. Despite our financial situation, Chansiri has said he would back Bruce with whatever he wants. Last season under the embargo we were linked with absolutely no one, this year we’ve been linked with every player under the sun. No smoke without fire. 

• Thanks 3

2 hours ago, Peacenocchio said:

Think he was further diminished by the injury he picked up at Preston.

Yeah it has clearly had an impact on him. A shame but his career really has nosedived.

1 hour ago, Mycroft said:

I thought the issue was that he had to be savvy so we wouldn't be under anymore transfer embargoes and if he had his way he would have spent more money than he already has. 

I think if we are interested and Turnbull does sign it will likely be to replace an outgoing player. It is all paper talk at the moment but it’s nice to be linked with good young talent.

51 minutes ago, The Night-Owl said:

Plus Bruce got McGinn for Villa from Scottish obscurity 

lol That will wind up the resident wee team following Hobos on here. 

8 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

I’m not sure that he is mate Those that were saying that we got him for a steal, and could sell him on for 3m, I don’t think we’d get much more than we paid for him, even at today’s inflated prices

Winnall isn’t great but Aberdeen would be lucky to get £2.50 and a bottle of Irn Bru for Stevie May at the moment. He has really fallen from grace

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

A bit of Sunday hungover investigation for you here.

Turnbull and Motherwell have just been followed by SMI World a UK based sports agency. Motherwell have followed the agency back. I know this particular agency have a few Wednesday players on their books. Most notably Bannan and a few of the younger lads, Alex Hunt is one of them. Also they started following Moses Odubajo around the time we were linked with him.

I don’t quite know what their relationship with the club is but I have a feeling they help facilitate a few moves. Downing is another player on their books who has been linked with a move to Wednesday this summer.

Might be a load of rubbish, but might be something in it. Despite our financial situation, Chansiri has said he would back Bruce with whatever he wants. Last season under the embargo we were linked with absolutely no one, this year we’ve been linked with every player under the sun. No smoke without fire. 

I once burnt a pile of wet straw and it burnt very slowly no flames but plenty of smoke.  It's Pedantic Sunday. 

4 minutes ago, edinburghowl said:

Yeah it has clearly had an impact on him. A shame but his career really has nosedived.

I think if we are interested and Turnbull does sign it will likely be to replace an outgoing player. It is all paper talk at the moment but it’s nice to be linked with good young talent.

lol That will wind up the resident wee team following Hobos on here. 

Winnall isn’t great but Aberdeen would be lucky to get £2.50 and a bottle of Irn Bru for Stevie May at the moment. He has really fallen from grace

IRN BRU is pish now they messed with the sugar, not made from girders anymore, more like some cheap Chinese aluminium....:rolleyes:

Edited by steveger

12 hours ago, Standidno said:

Where did we get 3 million from. Agent work 

Nobody pays an upfront payments these days! The cost would be spread over a term. Buying this guy and paying his wages will probably be less than that what we have saved on Hoopers/Abdi's wages alone. 

1 hour ago, Bluesteel said:

I hadn’t heard of him before but from the video he reminds me of Tom Bayliss at Coventry that several clubs are looking at. Frustratingly we had a similar player already in Clare. 

Are you really being serious comparing him to one game wonder Clare?

4 minutes ago, vulva said:

If we spend anything like £3m it can only mean we are selling a few. 

Yeah, Rhodes to Norwich for 7 mill remember? That gives us 3 for Turnbull, 3 for Hector & a mill for Dwight Gayle loan fee. Sorted

42 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

May was pants , slower than Nuhui