BREAKING NEWS - Six players released

I like the sound of this:

"We want to keep Kieran Lee here, I can confirm that. With a good pre-season under his belt, let's see if we can get him back to the player we know he is."

• Like 1

Keeping Lee is a no brainer. Young enough and worth a gamble. Hoops, it’s a shame and I bloody love watching him but wrong age and fitness is a massive worry. Surprised at Matias because he’s played quite a bit recently but no problems at all. Full confidence in Bruce, proper manager. 

1 minute ago, Lawrie Madden said:

We don't need to replace like for lke 

Our squad is/ was bloated Bruce has said a few times tat he intended slimming it down 

So 10 out maybe 5 or 6 in 

Yes probably true if we get some versatile players. I understand he said at least 6 post game.

Assuming we need 2 centre halves, left back, central mid box to box type, at least one winger and or a pacy forward or a no9 type to help fletcher. That’s about that number already.

Assuming we then look to move on Fox, Winnall, perhaps Rhodes if there is interest. At least one keeper out on loan, Thorniley hasn’t had a look in either. 

If Forestieri, Joao or Reach get bids I suspect we may sell this time and if Lee, Palmer or Westwood reject then it’s even more. 

A lot of variables but could be a complete overhaul depending what happens.

Sad to see Hooper go but we can't have 7 strikers next season. I don't think he's been great since he's been back in the side.

Hopefully Westwood and Palmer sign.

Think Kieran Lee will sign pretty quick.

Had we not had 7 or 8 strikers on our books then there was a good chance that Hooper may have been offered new terms just like it looks Lee has been.

This I would imagine is a big factor in Bruce's decision to allow him to leave.

We need to bring down the size and age of our squad.

28 minutes ago, S61 Owl said:

Shocked at Hooper going

I’m not 

he’s been back over a month now and hadn’t  featured enough for me to think Bruce would tie him down 

Injury prone - massive wages = no brainier 

top player but that’s life 

18 minutes ago, parkfieldowl14 said:

Be interested to see if any of those released will find their way to Barnsley. :tango:

I am sure they will all have sat navs so finding Barnsley shouldn't be a problem.

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, BIG D said:

Keeping Lee is a no brainer. Young enough and worth a gamble. Hoops, it’s a shame and I bloody love watching him but wrong age and fitness is a massive worry. Surprised at Matias because he’s played quite a bit recently but no problems at all. Full confidence in Bruce, proper manager. 

Keiron Lee will be 31 next month.

Hardly young for a footballer with a poor injury record.

Edited by matthefish2002