BREAKING NEWS - Six players released

4 minutes ago, i used to be sc_owl said:

About £7M p/a off the wage bill, not including loans. Wonder how much more we need to offload before we can spend? 

I suspect that brings us about back to losing around the £13m a year mark (FFP limit) so we may well need to shift a few out now.

We have Winnall and Rhodes surplus to requirements who could generate fees and free up a decent bit of wages.

We have Pulepessy and Fox who wouldn't be missed if we can.find anyone daft enough 

Would be great to shift these 4 asap. 

• Like 1

I think hoopers become victim because of age, wages and an overloaded striker department 

it’s a shame if we only had 3 strikers left in contract I’m no doubt he will have been retained 

I'll just thank them all for their efforts and wish them good luck in the future. We don't know what has gone on behind the scenes so probably unfair to judge.

• Like 2

Right decision, assume Palmer will be offered terms and is more than capable when needed.

Suspect others told they are available for transfer and agents will be busy.

Good luck to those released, feels like a huge financial burden has been lifted and we can now move forward. 

26 minutes ago, Quist said:

I was told today that details of those released already would be published after game, he also said we were trying to get out a similar number currently on contracts. He gave no details of names but got number right on those to be released.

There will be some more released over next couple of weeks I understand.

Makes sense, SB has said the squad is too big, he's released 6 & wants to sign at least 5 or 6 so it's logical a few in contract players will need to go.

I would have thought the likes of Fox, Rhodes, Winnall, Van Aken & Stobbs would be likely candidates with a surprise or two in FF, Joao, Thorniley, Hutchinson & Wildsmith.

A fit and reliable Hooper would be kept no doubt but he is a crock sadly. Did well on loan and scored lots of goals early doors. 

Mathias has potential but is so frustrating at times. Today was a typical performance from him. Offered pace and got in good positions up top but wasted chances, was anonymous in midfield and kept fouling the oppo. 

Pudil has been a very good player for us. Wish him well in the future. 

The rest did nowt in their careers here. Some good players in their time (Boyd, Jones). The other bloke I can’t even bring myself to name him. Literally robbed us.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, RUMBELOWS91 said:

No surprises

Hooper

Boyd

Abdi

Jones

Pudil

Matias

So the combined saving on their wages and sick bills will be about the same as we got for the 50% of season tickets this season.

are the club finally getting it, we hope and a new dawn is upon us.

• Like 1