BREAKING NEWS - Six players released

Just now, dewsburyowl58 said:

I’m not having Hooper described as crap , just silly talk that 

Hes a quality player, no doubt about that. He’s only got released given we have 7 strikers, he’s on a reputed £32k PW and there are no guarantees we can offload Rhodes, Winnall and Dave. Moreover, there are constraints against FFP and he has had injuries over the last 18 months. It’s the right decision for me but there’s no doubt about it, he’s been one of the best players down at Hillsborough for a long time. 

Released six, looking to bring in as many ?! Didn't Bruce said that we have too many players on our books making it hard on training ground, and that he is looking to trim squad down ?

Just now, malek said:

Released six, looking to bring in as many ?! Didn't Bruce said that we have too many players on our books making it hard on training ground, and that he is looking to trim squad down ?

I think he will be looking to sell up to 6. Easier said than done though. Rhodes and Winnall will head the list. I also think Joey, JVA, Fox and Nuhiu are all out of favour.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bouncing Owl said:

Hes a quality player, no doubt about that. He’s only got released given we have 7 strikers, he’s on a reputed £32k PW and there are no guarantees we can offload Rhodes, Winnall and Dave. Moreover, there are constraints against FFP and he has had injuries over the last 18 months. It’s the right decision for me but there’s no doubt about it, he’s been one of the best players down at Hillsborough for a long time. 

I know it’s for the good of the club and I still would like to see another 4-5 shipped out . I just take exception to one of our best players in a long time ,as you stated get slated , he was offered these fantastic wages and he most certainly would have preferred not to be injured , we missed at least 12 months of a quality player that’s the frustrating fact . 

1 hour ago, james o connor said:

And the fact he’s been crap since he came back ? Maybe that ? And that he’s past it ... correct decision from Bruce , no more deadwood 

Hooper crap 

lol

Hows that away end at Mansfield? Still getting sold out every week?

WTF:

• Like 3

Fully agree with this.

Big thanks and best wishes to Hooper and Pudil. Gave us some good memories.

Matais, probably a poor signing for such a robust league.

Abdi, thanks for nothing you wage thief.

Boyd, Jones , hope you both enjoyed your last decent pay day.

• Like 1

Guest wilyfox
59 minutes ago, Beholder said:

Any guesses at the wages that has freed up?

I reckon upwards of 120k per week.

And thats just for Jones..

4 minutes ago, malek said:

Hopefully we'll sell a few. Van Aken, Baker, Winnall, Joao, Pelupessey etc could all leave for me. One of Forestieri and Rhodes too potentially

7 minutes ago, malek said:

Hopefully we'll sell a few. Van Aken, Baker, Winnall, Joao, Pelupessey etc could all leave for me. One of Forestieri and Rhodes too potentially

9 minutes ago, malek said:

Indeed, I think a few of our players will be courted elsewhere and we may now finally accept bids.

I'm thinking Fox, Reach and Nuhiu will all get attention in the transfer window.  

Vastly different transfer fee's for them all, mind you

(edit)  - of course we will get other bids, but those are the ones I anticipate being accepted.

Edited by Salmonbones

This is just the start

I expect us to try and offload some players in contract too

Bruce will be onto their agents to see if they can find another club

I also think Bruce will sell Reach, Forestieri, Tom Lees, Joao, Winnall, maybe even Fletcher, and anyone else he can get a decent fee for

Jordan Rhodes will be our main striker next season

• Haha 1

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

Just now, HOOTIE AND THE poo TU said:

This is just the start

I expect us to try and offload some players in contract too

Bruce will be onto their agents to see if they can find another club

I also think Bruce will sell Reach, Forestieri, Tom Lees, Joao, Winnall, maybe even Fletcher, and anyone else he can get a decent fee for

Jordan Rhodes will be our main striker next season

Bloody hell Hootie you missed off Doris the tea lady and Bert the security guard!

• Haha 5