BREAKING NEWS - Six players released

5 minutes ago, Not Jon Newsome said:

Bit harsh, behind Hooper he's the best on the list. Not been bad for us, bad luck with injuries but has ability, albeit inconsistently. I wouldn't have been against a 1 year deal for him as a squad player, but Bruce will bring in a replacement that will freshen things up and most likely be an upgrade.

You clearly are quite deluded

13 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Does this mean we’ve offered the two youngsters Preston and Nielsen new deals? 

Probably not at today's game so not been told yet. 

I think Bruce would want to tell them to there face rather than them find out via website. 

8 minutes ago, Not Jon Newsome said:

Bit harsh, behind Hooper he's the best on the list. Not been bad for us, bad luck with injuries but has ability, albeit inconsistently. I wouldn't have been against a 1 year deal for him as a squad player, but Bruce will bring in a replacement that will freshen things up and most likely be an upgrade.

Over the past 2-3 months we've seen more of him than in the previous 3 years and 7 months. Despite popping up with the odd goal he's done shaft all. 

Maybe I am been harsh but he's stolen a wage for years and I'm pleased he's going. 

10 minutes ago, TINKERBELL said:

Brilliant,I paid extra money to have each club tailored to my swing.

Did love my Taylor made burner kit though with rifle shafts.

Young un's got a Burner Driver. 

Hit a monster at the first at Hallamshire last year, left a sand wedge into the green. 

A bit John Rahm-esque. 

2 minutes ago, Sergeant Tibbs said:

Young un's got a Burner Driver. 

Hit a monster at the first at Hallamshire last year, left a sand wedge into the green. 

A bit John Rahm-esque. 

I had a sandwedge today, cheese & pickle

• Haha 4

Given the fact we have 8 forwards it was always likely Hooper and Matias would be released.

Abdi and Jones haven’t been involved much so no surprise they’re going. Pudil hasn’t figured much either. I’m a bit surprised about Boyd given the fact he’s played for Bruce before at Hull.

I think Lee has been offered a deal because we’re short of options in centre midfield and there’s every chance he could be more than useful next season?

I’m still expecting four or five players that are under contract to leave including Reach, Joao, Winnall and Fox?

Edited by Great Big Galaa

how deluded and mixed up some of our supporters are. Football is a harsh game, but a lot of our supporters still enjoy living in the past.Yes, Hooper has been a good servant to Wed. but the key words  are 'HAS BEEN'. Bruce is obviously a very pragmatic man , one who can appreciate the contribution made in the past, but is looking towards the future. Up to the last fortnight, Hooper's contribution has  been zero. Bruce is obviously looking to the future and putting the past behind him.

7 minutes ago, Great Big Galaa said:

Given the fact we have 8 forwards it was always likely Hooper and Matias would be released.

Abdi and Jones haven’t been involved much so no surprise they’re going. Pudil hasn’t figured much either. I’m a bit surprised about Boyd given the fact he’s played for Bruce before at Hull.

I think Lee has been offered a deal because we’re short of options in centre midfield and there’s every chance he could be more than useful next season?

I’m still expecting four or five players that are under contract to leave including Reach, Joao, Winnall and Fox?

Then, he is in perfect position to note how Boyd's standards dropped since then. Nothing surprising about letting him go.

1 hour ago, RUMBELOWS91 said:

I suspect that brings us about back to losing around the £13m a year mark (FFP limit) so we may well need to shift a few out now.

We have Winnall and Rhodes surplus to requirements who could generate fees and free up a decent bit of wages.

We have Pulepessy and Fox who wouldn't be missed if we can.find anyone daft enough 

Would be great to shift these 4 asap. 

At the risk of sounding controversial, if offered £6M+ for Nando, I would accept. He’s probably on £20k p/w (minimum). That’s a decent wedge saved and probably more than we’d get for Winnall and Rhodes combined.