BREAKING NEWS - Six players released

1 hour ago, Owlsend said:

Well they’ve done what they have to do a bit disappointed not to have seen Fletcher on the list He’s probably one of our biggest earners

How would a player not out of contract be on a release list?

Hooper - Class when fit, sad to see him go. Most intelligent forward we’ve had for years and years. 

Pudil - Legs had gone, but played a big part for 2 seasons and will be remembered fondly.

Matias - Injuries plagued his first 3 seasons. Did alright this season, but ultimately not enough. Tidy player, wish him well.

Boyd - Improved under Bruce, unfair stick from some. Definitely the right decision nevertheless.

Jones - Hard time at Wednesday. Don’t think he ever did anything particularly bad when he played. But don’t think he did anything great either. Good goal against Sunderland that time. 

Abdi - Waste of space, buzzing he’s gone. A disastrous signing from start to finish. 

1 hour ago, RUMBELOWS91 said:

No surprises

Hooper

Boyd

Abdi

Jones

Pudil

Matias

Spend a season getting Hooper fit to release him. Think it be worth considering holding on and seeing if he could prove his fitness in the summer, with a view to giving him a year’s extension. Agree his injury record is poor but it does seem like we have got him back to the point of playing and now some other club will pick up an asset for nothing.

Only read first page so might be duplicating!... Would have liked to have seen something offered to hooper as he's a class act when fit. Not bothered about the others. Disappointing most of them couldnt be arsed to do the lap of appreciation given they would have known they were going and the clubs thrown millions at them! Unless I missed them... Maybe abdi got injured making his way down the tunnel to the pitch. 

3 minutes ago, poite said:

I'm sorry but I'm delighted to see Matias on that list 

Bit harsh, behind Hooper he's the best on the list. Not been bad for us, bad luck with injuries but has ability, albeit inconsistently. I wouldn't have been against a 1 year deal for him as a squad player, but Bruce will bring in a replacement that will freshen things up and most likely be an upgrade.

1 minute ago, Not Jon Newsome said:

How do people not know these things, considering it's all that's been discussed for the last 12 months.

Sorry for not knowing...hence the question mark....

• Haha 1