BREAKING NEWS - Six players released

Wish them all well for the future.

Abdi the most disappointing transfer since Jeffers. Offered so much, delivered nothing.

Hooper is a class player. But the club will have concerns with wages and injury concerns.

I do not think this is the last of who will leave. I’d imagine one or two will be sold.

Exciting times on who will be coming in.

3 minutes ago, Lawrie Madden said:

My pal who somehow gets to hear these things told me about Hooper before the match kicked off also according to his source Lee's contract is a 6 month prove your fitness offer 

2 year deal offered to Westy 

I'm not ITK but stuff he's told me in the past has been reliable 

Very sensible if true.

Just can’t pay those kind of wages anymore. Especially on a 31 year old who has struggled with injuries his entire Owls career. Absolute top top player who I wish nothing but the best. 

Well done to Bruce. Tough decisions to be made and we are making them instantly. No sitting around and waiting anymore. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Lawrie Madden said:

My pal who somehow gets to hear these things told me about Hooper before the match kicked off also according to his source Lee's contract is a 6 month prove your fitness offer 

2 year deal offered to Westy 

I'm not ITK but stuff he's told me in the past has been reliable 

Sounds about right.

6 months with an option to extend makes total sense for k Lee 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, ohgoditsjames said:

Shocked at Hooper, thought we’d give him a year 

£30k pw just isn't viable. When he came back and did OK in his first couple of games I thought he'd be earning himself a new deal but unfortunately he just hasn't shown anything since then. It's just too much of a risk to give a big wage (even if we halved his salary) to an injury prone 31 year old, especially when we're already gambling on Lee's fitness. Can't afford to be carrying two potential crocks.  

We've had a great run of form without any of them featuring regularly for most of Brucey's reign. No great loss or surprise really. Should slash our wage bill massively too. Roll on next season.

I was told today that details of those released already would be published after game, he also said we were trying to get out a similar number currently on contracts. He gave no details of names but got number right on those to be released.

There will be some more released over next couple of weeks I understand.

• Thanks 1