Official Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours Thread

13 minutes ago, Minton said:

Alfa Semedo to Forest on loan. Reyt signing, he'll be a beast for them in central midfield

Not doubting your knowledge but what are you basing this on? He is rated highly but hardly started a game last season.

Never be as influential as our Alpha Semedo was! 

17 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Not doubting your knowledge but what are you basing this on? He is rated highly but hardly started a game last season.

Never be as influential as our Alpha Semedo was! 

Good enough to be starting Champions League games aged 20, did ok in La Liga when he made a loan move to Espanyol in the January window. Big, physical but pacey as well, very well suited to the English leagues methinks. I suspect his performances will be being monitored by a lot of the big name clubs, he's already got a £25m price tag, I wouldn't be surprised to see him making a £30m+ move to a top 6 team next season(if he does the business, of course)

Edited by Minton

7 minutes ago, Minton said:

Good enough to be starting Champions League games aged 20, did ok in La Liga when he made a loan move to Espanyol in the January window. Big, physical but pacey as well, very well suited to the English leagues methinks. I suspect his performances will be being monitored by a lot of the big name clubs, he's already got a £25m price tag, I wouldn't be surprised to see him making a £30m+ move to a top 6 team next season(if he does the business, of course)

All a bit if's buts and maybes at the moment. 

If he was good enough to continue starting Champions League games at this stage of his career then Benfica wouldn't keep loaning him out.

You say he did OK in La Liga in the 2nd half of last season - 3 or 4 appearances totaling less than an hour suggests otherwise and if he did impress in La Liga then I would have thought that would be a preferred destination again.

Edited by Guest

47 minutes ago, bigash_swfc said:

But surely they wouldn't get swallowed up into a hole of red tape.

Imagine a 2 year transfer ban, these guys wouldnt sit on the sidelines. They would go where they could play. 

Your not transferring the registration because the receiving club has to re-apply....more so transferring the obligation to pay their contract for the duration of loan.

When Barcelona had a transfer ban they had two players who could not be registered and could not be loaned out to another club.

2 hours ago, Royal_D said:

More than likely release the kit when the first teams back from Portugal

them videos were weird, never really thought they were building upto anything if am honest, just someone playing about with videos 

Like a uni or school competition / project, SWFC, have asked for a marketing video for a product as part of the Sheffield Hallam course (year 1) in Marketing and will play the winning design. 

3 hours ago, tarn owl said:

If it was it's the most unclear way of doing it. Just 2 random 15-20 second videos with some highlight commentary playing. That was 4 and 5 days ago. Normally a teaser video would then have some announcement on the back of it? Doesn't say news coming just says this is our moment. Not worried, not overly excited, Just curious as to what it actually means. If Kit then lovely but all we've seen is a kid who has taken a pic of the green kit and posted online. If for season tickets then why not say renew now etc. Just peculiar. But i am not an expert at social media so who knows.

The teaser has been ruined because everyone’s seen the kit.

8 hours ago, Kagoshimaowl said:

So you think everything is fine and dandy? The players are NOT signed and will walk away soon if we don’t sort it out. People need to get their heads out of the sand and face facts. We are in a total mess. Wouldn’t surprise me if Bruce walks before the season starts.

They've done initiation songs though. Can they still walk away?

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, tomo2001 said:

They've done initiation songs though. Can they still walk away?

No they have signed contracts with the club. Otherwise why put yourself through the humiliation of that.

:Sid:

• Haha 1

Imagine the humiliation and Shakespearean levels of betrayal as you sign for another club after covering Westlife into a bruised banana in front of the lads. You'd buy them super thick shin pads from Sports soccer just for when you played against them for your new team. 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

Brentford confirm Pontus Jansson signing. Very good signing for them imo. 

Thats got to be one of the most bizarre transfers in a while. Very good player for this level, total daft coont and he played a role which the Leeds fans love. Perfect fit for them. Leeds now have a problem at centre half as Liam Cooper isn’t good enough and Berardi is too much of a hot head.

Just now, Bouncing Owl said:

Leeds now have a problem at centre half as Liam Cooper isn’t good enough and Berardi is too much of a hot head.

Have heard Chelsea have one with championship experience they are willing to sell....

Bizarre for him to go to Brentford I really don’t get that one! Imagine us selling bannan to Barnsley for example lol I know Brentford are better but you get my drift 

can see hector potentially going leeds however lampard probably prefer us to Leeds based on way leeds fans treated him during derby time, could be in our favour ! Fulham are also massive rivals with Chelsea so we may just may get some luck