Official Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours Thread

Guest Kagoshimaowl

People can neg away. I don’t give a poo anymore. Chansiri is turning my club into a total laughing stock!

1 hour ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

What a silly question though. Or course I haven't seen the accounts.

But you don't need to be an accountant to know and understand that due to ffp we don't have a pot to wee wee in. We cant and wont go around spending big money on players.

Its not really FFPs fault. Its kind of our fault that we've conducted poor business that has got us to this stage. 

5 minutes ago, Kagoshimaowl said:

I said it was a joke about 10 days ago and got negged. Now it’s a total embarrassment. We’ll probably end up starting the season without the new players plus Palmer, Westwood and Lee. A total disgrace and anyone who can’t see that is blind!!

Well Bruce is still here...for now, so that's a bonus I suppose. :duntmatter:

Guest timrud

We clearly have some assurances we've given to the players who have signed - nothing to worry about.

Actions speak louder than words

1 minute ago, SallyCinnamon said:

True but you’ve also paid for a season ticket to watch the same group of players. Boring. 

Core of the team has been the same for about 5 seasons now. Proper mad in modern day football. Not saying its a completely bad thing but its also almost the definition of madness. 

1 minute ago, TheEnchanter said:

Core of the team has been the same for about 5 seasons now. Proper mad in modern day football. Not saying its a completely bad thing but its also almost the definition of madness. 

It’s shown the past couple of seasons though. Bruce resurrected some life into them but still that group wouldn’t have got us promoted. Needed changing for a good 2 years now. 

1 hour ago, HillsboroughOwlNI said:

It’s not that we don’t have a pot to wee wee in. We have a very large pot.  It’s some cheeky b*ggers have covered the pot with cling film and we are suffering a bit of splashback...

You must have missed the key words, due to...

16 minutes ago, TheEnchanter said:

Its not really FFPs fault. Its kind of our fault that we've conducted poor business that has got us to this stage. 

Well it is ffp fault.

If it didn't exist, how different would this and the last season have gone?

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Kagoshimaowl said:

I said it was a joke about 10 days ago and got negged. Now it’s a total embarrassment. We’ll probably end up starting the season without the new players plus Palmer, Westwood and Lee. A total disgrace and anyone who can’t see that is blind!!

Not sure how I read this, being blind and all... as a hardened owl we have been through far more embarrassing times. Anyone losing it here is in my opinion either attention seeking or (far more likely) in need of a break from the weird and wonderful world of wednesday. 

Why stress, why worry? We kind of know the situation:

• Spent too much over a 3 year window
  • Never recouped enough over a 3 year window
  • Looking for creative loopholes to alleviate pressure whilst we wait the rolling window to reset

Would it be nice to know these loopholes and it's progress, sure - should we lose our shiiit if we don't, probably not. Enjoy the summer, enjoy the cricket, enjoy the tennis, go on holiday. This having access to all information at all times is a luxury and a curse all in the same. In the old days we'd wait weeks for an article in the local rag, or first we'd know of a signing is them showing up on saturday. 

We've already made good inroads to preseason, signing players to full voids, resigning players we deemed to have needed. Anything else is a bonus! 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Royal_D said:

Like to know how your coming to that conclusion , to me he seems like only bloke that has any kind of logical idea of the situation 

He says the situation is beyond him and thinks that Chansiri is either being silly or stubborn.

He may well understand accounts etc but if that’s the extent of his understanding of our particular situation then I don’t think he’s got the best grasp on it all.

Unless you agree that the only two reasons are silliness or stubbornness?