Official Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours Thread

22 minutes ago, Philb125 said:

Not sure how I read this, being blind and all... as a hardened owl we have been through far more embarrassing times. Anyone losing it here is in my opinion either attention seeking or (far more likely) in need of a break from the weird and wonderful world of wednesday. 

There is another reason though the people it applies to would probably not bring themselves to admitting it. After five or six years of being able to lord it over a certain local rival, there is now a realisation among some that we have again fallen behind them. Some (certainly not everyone) will not now rest until that situation is rectified in their eyes, namely we are at least in the same division as them and preferably in a division above them. All the fun of being a footie fan.

lol

59 minutes ago, Kagoshimaowl said:

I said it was a joke about 10 days ago and got negged. Now it’s a total embarrassment. We’ll probably end up starting the season without the new players plus Palmer, Westwood and Lee. A total disgrace and anyone who can’t see that is blind!!

How have you come to this conclusion?

Guest Kagoshimaowl
Just now, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

How have you come to this conclusion?

So you think everything is fine and dandy? The players are NOT signed and will walk away soon if we don’t sort it out. People need to get their heads out of the sand and face facts. We are in a total mess. Wouldn’t surprise me if Bruce walks before the season starts.

Guest Kagoshimaowl
1 hour ago, SupremeOwl said:

Well Bruce is still here...for now, so that's a bonus I suppose. :duntmatter:

For now being the key words.

Edited by Kagoshimaowl

Guest Kagoshimaowl
36 minutes ago, Philb125 said:

Not sure how I read this, being blind and all... as a hardened owl we have been through far more embarrassing times. Anyone losing it here is in my opinion either attention seeking or (far more likely) in need of a break from the weird and wonderful world of wednesday. 

Why stress, why worry? We kind of know the situation:

• Spent too much over a 3 year window
  • Never recouped enough over a 3 year window
  • Looking for creative loopholes to alleviate pressure whilst we wait the rolling window to reset

Would it be nice to know these loopholes and it's progress, sure - should we lose our shiiit if we don't, probably not. Enjoy the summer, enjoy the cricket, enjoy the tennis, go on holiday. This having access to all information at all times is a luxury and a curse all in the same. In the old days we'd wait weeks for an article in the local rag, or first we'd know of a signing is them showing up on saturday. 

We've already made good inroads to preseason, signing players to full voids, resigning players we deemed to have needed. Anything else is a bonus! 

A very good post my friend and probably correct. I just hate checking every day to see nothing has changed.

4 minutes ago, Kagoshimaowl said:

So you think everything is fine and dandy? The players are NOT signed and will walk away soon if we don’t sort it out. People need to get their heads out of the sand and face facts. We are in a total mess. Wouldn’t surprise me if Bruce walks before the season starts.

giphy.gif?cid=19f5b51a5d232fa95456664855

• Haha 3

8 minutes ago, Kagoshimaowl said:

5IKsrAbEcwrNS.gif

14 minutes ago, Kagoshimaowl said:

The three new players will have signed contracts - I just can't see any other way they'd be training with us and risking the rest of their career in case of a nasty injury. Börner has also walked away from the captaincy of his previous club and moved his young family to a different country - again, I can only imagine that he's signed a contract in order to do so.

Having committed to these contracts, the club seem pretty confident that the embargo will be lifted.

As for Bruce walking out, I honestly don't know what you're basing that on. He's just been allowed to recruit Tony Strudwick to his coaching team, who I doubt will come cheap, having worked for Manchester United, England and Wales, and he's clearly in the market for further new signings.

On the balance of probabilities, I reckon we’ll start the season being allowed to play the three new signings as well as Palmer, Westwood and Lee...oh, and Bruce will be our manager.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

On the balance of probabilities, I reckon we’ll start the season being allowed to play the three new signings as well as Palmer, Westwood and Lee...oh, and Bruce will be our manager.

On the balance of probability, I would say that your thoughts are somewhere between 99% and 99.5% accurate - at least I hope they are.

lol

6 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

The three new players will have signed contracts - I just can't see any other way they'd be training with us and risking the rest of their career in case of a nasty injury. Börner has also walked away from the captaincy of his previous club and moved his young family to a different country - again, I can only imagine that he's signed a contract in order to do so.

Having committed to these contracts, the club seem pretty confident that the embargo will be lifted.

As for Bruce walking out, I honestly don't know what you're basing that on. He's just been allowed to recruit Tony Strudwick to his coaching team, who I doubt will come cheap, having worked for Manchester United, England and Wales, and he's clearly in the market for further new signings.

Plus don't forget a deadline day sh*tstorm. DC loves a bit of deadline day action

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

If they're all in Portugal including Bruce on a training camp. 

They can't come back and do a proper Hillsborough signing /press conference with the media and full circus. 

Hopefully it'll happen when they get back. 

5 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

If they're all in Portugal including Bruce on a training camp. 

They can't come back and do a proper Hillsborough signing /press conference with the media and full circus. 

Hopefully it'll happen when they get back. 

38 minutes ago, Kagoshimaowl said:

We don't know the facts, you are speculating.

If you do have proof of the facts I reserve the right to panic.

Guest paulvcooke
2 hours ago, Royal_D said:

Like to know how your coming to that conclusion , to me he seems like only bloke that has any kind of logical idea of the situation 

He's a self-publicist, and has an agenda when it comes to swfc (he has admitted that he tags swfc in his tweets that have nothing to do with swfc for more hits).

If you want to know about football finances from a bloke who's not a wee pipe, try Swiss Ramble instead.

1 hour ago, Kagoshimaowl said:

If things were anywhere near the kind of level your suggesting Bruce would have been long gone fella, and likely wouldn’t have taken the job in first place 

just because we don’t know the facts don’t assume the football world won’t, Chansiri won’t announce anything until the EFL actually decide what’s going on and they will probably refuse to comment on anything even when they do, I don’t think they take kindly to clubs talking about been under embargo’s and potential punishments