Official Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours Thread

All quiet. Looks as if the Wednesday press office claims a few weeks ago were nonsense. Why Chansiri prefers a soft embargo to sending in the accounts is beyond me. He’s coming across as either silly or stubborn (or both) as it’s making SB’s job harder.  Tweet to me from Kieran Maguire this morning.

37 minutes ago, jack whitham said:

All quiet. Looks as if the Wednesday press office claims a few weeks ago were nonsense. Why Chansiri prefers a soft embargo to sending in the accounts is beyond me. He’s coming across as either silly or stubborn (or both) as it’s making SB’s job harder.  Tweet to me from Kieran Maguire this morning.

DC doesn't send in the accounts.  That's the job of external accountants once they've been audited.

1 hour ago, jack whitham said:

I don’t think Kieran Maguire really gets the situation to be honest.

Obviously something isn’t right, you don’t withhold the accounts and effectively place yourself under an embargo if everything is fine.

How serious this is is anyone’s guess. Kieran Magiure is good at what he does (reading accounts & interpreting information) but until our accounts are released he’s just guessing like the rest of us.

I have to admit though, the longer this goes on the more concerned I am that this problem might not be as easy to rectify as some local journalists have led us to believe.

It'd be nice to get this all sorted out over the next week.

33 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Alarm bells ringing the more the days go on. 

Yeah, just popped down to the ground. Think us not employing a head groundsman is going to come back to bite us.

pitch.png.dabaf5ac2e17e9727720669a9d0f80ba.png

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, Mycroft said:

I'll take that as a no then.  

What a silly question though. Or course I haven't seen the accounts.

But you don't need to be an accountant to know and understand that due to ffp we don't have a pot to wee wee in. We cant and wont go around spending big money on players.

Guest HillsboroughOwlNI
28 minutes ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

What a silly question though. Or course I haven't seen the accounts.

But you don't need to be an accountant to know and understand that due to ffp we don't have a pot to wee wee in. We cant and wont go around spending big money on players.

It’s not that we don’t have a pot to wee wee in. We have a very large pot.  It’s some cheeky b*ggers have covered the pot with cling film and we are suffering a bit of splashback...

Guest paulvcooke
2 hours ago, jack whitham said:

Maguire is full of poo.

25 minutes ago, HillsboroughOwlNI said:

It’s not that we don’t have a pot to wee wee in. We have a very large pot.  It’s some cheeky b*ggers have covered the pot with cling film and we are suffering a bit of splashback...

I don't think the pot you describe is as large or full as you think.

8 minutes ago, paulvcooke said:

Maguire is full of poo.

Like to know how your coming to that conclusion , to me he seems like only bloke that has any kind of logical idea of the situation 

Guest paulvcooke
1 minute ago, Steve Down South said:

Disagree - I think he makes some reasonable ( even if fairly obvious) points, and some on here are a little too sensitive about any perceived criticism of the club.

Fair enough. I disagree with you.

Surely the only reason to delay the accounts is so we can sort out a fix. Be that the ground sale the share investment etc... For it to show properly on the accounts it has to be complete. Stop worrying about what we don't know. It will be clear soon! UTO

Guest Kagoshimaowl

I said it was a joke about 10 days ago and got negged. Now it’s a total embarrassment. We’ll probably end up starting the season without the new players plus Palmer, Westwood and Lee. A total disgrace and anyone who can’t see that is blind!!