Official Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours Thread

2 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Poor marketing in my opinion. 2 unclear videos are fine, but then to go 3 days with silence kills the hype and anticipation. Strange way of doing it for me. 

Football fans are simple folk. Tell us what it is and when it’s out and we’ll be happy. Fans will buy kits, if you are going to do a fancy social media video/graphic just do it as one big announcement. 

That’s my view anyway. I’m pleased we’re improving on social media but a bit of work still needed.

Understatement of the year...

Day 1 - Teaser video 1

Day 2 - Teaser video 2

Day 3 - Big reveal.

It's lost all its effect now. Unreal how behind the curve we are.

More than likely release the kit when the first teams back from Portugal

them videos were weird, never really thought they were building upto anything if am honest, just someone playing about with videos 

58 minutes ago, Triple O said:

You can't loan an unregistered player. If the receiving club were to register them they would be their players and not ours. The only thing we could do is (possibly) sell on the contract they signed with us. But that is a little dubious.

Every receiving club has to register a loanee, so the player becomes theirs for the duration of the loan.

They'd still belong to SWFC, as we pay their contract. The club can loan out contracted employees, who arent registered.

It happens regularly in the premier league, where players are signed without work permits and get sent to belgium, norway etc...so they can gain a permit and become registered.

50 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

Makes perfect sense to me. DC is withholding the accounts for a reason,  so i think its safe to hazard a guess we are up shiete creek , and if he does submit them its hard umbongo time.

Isn’t that a bit like burning your house down so the missus doesn’t find out you scratched the coffee table?

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

11 minutes ago, Yellowbelly said:

Isn’t that a bit like burning your house down so the missus doesn’t find out you scratched the coffee table?

But she doesn't know about the coffee table right?!

1 hour ago, TheEnchanter said:

It was about aliens. They've taken the new kit. 

Think about it. Look at the vocabulary used... kit 'launch'. Like a UFO. Plus the videos were green which is what colour aliens are. The ones ive seen are always green. 

Aliens have taken the kit and launched it. 

This bugger ain't green, pretty sure he's not human either

cock.jpg.407bbd7551d24fbbfcd183e3a17b1433.jpg

• Haha 3

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

1 hour ago, bigash_swfc said:

Every receiving club has to register a loanee, so the player becomes theirs for the duration of the loan.

They'd still belong to SWFC, as we pay their contract. The club can loan out contracted employees, who arent registered.

It happens regularly in the premier league, where players are signed without work permits and get sent to belgium, norway etc...so they can gain a permit and become registered.

Your last paragraph is different to the issue here.

The FA/EFL consider a loan to be a temporary transfer. When a player is loaned the registration is temporarily transferred to the receiving club. Therefore the player needs to be registered already for this to happen.

1 hour ago, tarn owl said:

Sorted, it is always the simple answers that are the correct ones. Aliens have taken the kit. Obvious. lol

Area 51 was built on the back of the Rodwell incident. Things have moved on a pace since then and an area 52 has been developed. Reverse engineering with the help of real live aliens. None of them have proved to be any good at football but they are real fast learners, we should have a scout out there lol

Think the discussion is being confounded by people reading "registration" in two ways... club registration and competition registration.

(As I understand it)

A loan is a temporary transfer of a player's club registration. John Smith can have his club registration (a signed contract) with Club X transferred temporarily to Club Y. If he is ineligible to play in club competitions for Club X (say for work permit restrictions), he may eligible to play in club competitions for Club Y.

I think bigash is talking about a situation where John Smith's club registration isn't in question, but he's ineligible for competitive football due to competition registration restrictions (ie work permit issues). Whereas some are reading "registration" as a club registration issues... which of course makes his post totally nonsensical because Club X can't loan a player that isn't registered with them.

2 minutes ago, StudentOwl said:

Think the discussion is being confounded by people reading "registration" in two ways... club registration and competition registration.

(As I understand it)

A loan is a temporary transfer of a player's club registration. John Smith can have his club registration (a signed contract) with Club X transferred temporarily to Club Y. If he is ineligible to play in club competitions for Club X (say for work permit restrictions), he may eligible to play in club competitions for Club Y.

I think bigash is talking about a situation where John Smith's club registration isn't in question, but he's ineligible for competitive football due to competition registration restrictions (ie work permit issues). Whereas some are reading "registration" as a club registration issues... which of course makes his post totally nonsensical because Club X can't loan a player that isn't registered with them.

So, have we signed John Smith ? lol

• Haha 1

Anyone else been watching the African Cup of Nations? There's no thread for it. So, posting here instead to recommend taking our minds off the soft embargo and not much happening. Quite a few good games and massive upsets so far. Mali and Ivory Coast should be a tasty evenly matched contest. Been impressed with the surprise package Madagascar team. Most of the Madagascar team play in the French lower Leagues, surely there could be a few worthwhile bargains among their squad? I love that one of their players is named Romario Baggio! Senegal and Algeria have looked strong too and the most ruthless teams in the tournament. Copa America and the Gold Cup seemed boring to me but the African Cup of Nations as been unpredictable and intriguing at times.

Edited by The Night-Owl

7 minutes ago, nevthelodgemoorowl said:

Area 51 was built on the back of the Rodwell incident. Things have moved on a pace since then and an area 52 has been developed. Reverse engineering with the help of real live aliens. None of them have proved to be any good at football but they are real fast learners, we should have a scout out there lol

Do they know how to develop and distribute football kits for a professional football team by any chance? 

4 minutes ago, Triple O said:

Your last paragraph is different to the issue here.

The FA/EFL consider a loan to be a temporary transfer. When a player is loaned the registration is temporarily transferred to the receiving club. Therefore the player needs to be registered already for this to happen.

But surely they wouldn't get swallowed up into a hole of red tape.

Imagine a 2 year transfer ban, these guys wouldnt sit on the sidelines. They would go where they could play. 

Your not transferring the registration because the receiving club has to re-apply....more so transferring the obligation to pay their contract for the duration of loan.