Official Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours Thread

35 minutes ago, paulvcooke said:

He's a self-publicist, and has an agenda when it comes to swfc (he has admitted that he tags swfc in his tweets that have nothing to do with swfc for more hits).

If you want to know about football finances from a bloke who's not a wee pipe, try Swiss Ramble instead.

Fair enough to be honest, don’t know enough about him to form an opinion just sounded quite knowledgable 

17 hours ago, bigash_swfc said:

They are our players. Contracts are signed. Other teams can register them, we'd just have to grim and bear our sanction. Chansiri did say it could be very bad for us.

Because the newcomers, can't be registered to play for us.

You can't loan an unregistered player. If the receiving club were to register them they would be their players and not ours. The only thing we could do is (possibly) sell on the contract they signed with us. But that is a little dubious.

MY GUESS is They are in Portugal for a bit. When back will pose for new kit, make some social media video for new signings and announce contract renewals. We will all rejoice and realise the season is still 4 weeks away. I understand worrying being a wednesday fan all my life, but i honestly think we are ok. Still only 8th July. All the time in the world to announce contract renewals, the new signings we already have and the kit. As for the accounts i honestly don't know so can't speculate, but the new players wouldn't be training if were not getting paid so i am sure we'll be fine.

Also does anyone know what that twitter video was about on the SWFC Twitter feed last week. I started a thread that disappeared about it. I don't think this thread can just disappear, was the SWFC twitter feed hacked or was it just about season ticket renewals?

Just now, tarn owl said:

Also does anyone know what that twitter video was about on the SWFC Twitter feed last week. I started a thread that disappeared about it. I don't think this thread can just disappear, was the SWFC twitter feed hacked or was it just about season ticket renewals?

The new kit wasn't it?

Owlstalk Shop

It was about aliens. They've taken the new kit. 

Think about it. Look at the vocabulary used... kit 'launch'. Like a UFO. Plus the videos were green which is what colour aliens are. The ones ive seen are always green. 

Aliens have taken the kit and launched it. 

• Haha 5

8 minutes ago, Andrew_Owl said:

Burnley have signed Erik Pieters from stoke so I'd like it if we could get Charlie Taylor from Burnley. 

Considering Taylor played every game last season in a Premier League campaign, I think it's safe to say you might be aiming a little high... Pieters is backup methinks

4 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

The new kit wasn't it?

If it was it's the most unclear way of doing it. Just 2 random 15-20 second videos with some highlight commentary playing. That was 4 and 5 days ago. Normally a teaser video would then have some announcement on the back of it? Doesn't say news coming just says this is our moment. Not worried, not overly excited, Just curious as to what it actually means. If Kit then lovely but all we've seen is a kid who has taken a pic of the green kit and posted online. If for season tickets then why not say renew now etc. Just peculiar. But i am not an expert at social media so who knows.

6 minutes ago, TheEnchanter said:

It was about aliens. They've taken the new kit. 

Think about it. Look at the vocabulary used... kit 'launch'. Like a UFO. Plus the videos were green which is what colour aliens are. The ones ive seen are always green. 

Aliens have taken the kit and launched it. 

Sorted, it is always the simple answers that are the correct ones. Aliens have taken the kit. Obvious. lol

1 minute ago, tarn owl said:

If it was it's the most unclear way of doing it. Just 2 random 15-20 second videos with some highlight commentary playing. That was 4 and 5 days ago. Normally a teaser video would then have some announcement on the back of it? Doesn't say news coming just says this is our moment. Not worried, not overly excited, Just curious as to what it actually means. If Kit then lovely but all we've seen is a kid who has taken a pic of the green kit and posted online. If for season tickets then why not say renew now etc. Just peculiar. But i am not an expert at social media so who knows.

To be fair it wasn't that clear like you say so could have been for anything (memberships, season tickets, new kits etc)

Owlstalk Shop

3 hours ago, paulvcooke said:

Maguire is full of poo.

Makes perfect sense to me. DC is withholding the accounts for a reason,  so i think its safe to hazard a guess we are up shiete creek , and if he does submit them its hard umbongo time.

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

To be fair it wasn't that clear like you say so could have been for anything (memberships, season tickets, new kits etc)

To be fair a social media campaign that creates no reaction on forums and leads to nothing does sound like us so god knows why i'm surprised. :duntmatter:

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

Makes perfect sense to me. DC is withholding the accounts for a reason,  so i think its safe to hazard a guess we are up shiete creek , and if he does submit them its hard umbongo time.

DC isn't withholding the accounts, it's our accountants that deal with those.

We passed the P&S last year, so there won't be too many surprises for the EFL, certainly wouldn't expect a hard umbongo.

We're a week into the new season, the players haven't even trained in England yet and we have another 4 weeks of the transfer window to go. 

Chill out ;-)

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Poor marketing in my opinion. 2 unclear videos are fine, but then to go 3 days with silence kills the hype and anticipation. Strange way of doing it for me. 

Football fans are simple folk. Tell us what it is and when it’s out and we’ll be happy. Fans will buy kits, if you are going to do a fancy social media video/graphic just do it as one big announcement. 

That’s my view anyway. I’m pleased we’re improving on social media but a bit of work still needed.

Just now, SallyCinnamon said:

Poor marketing in my opinion. 2 unclear videos are fine, but then to go 3 days with silence kills the hype and anticipation. Strange way of doing it for me. 

Agree with that. Its a fast and expectant world. It killed the hype big time. 

Aliens though. What can you do. 

#debunked