Official Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours Thread

4 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

So what do we have, we have been strongly linked with Borner, Odubajo, Bidwell, Onomah and Hector, plus a return for Aarons and Lazaar Recent links added, Willis, Downing and Diame, and maybe a back up keeper. Then there are the young legs we plan to bring in, so maybe a few Premier League youngsters as we get towards the end of the window. Obviously we probably won’t sign all those players. So if Bruce is being realistic about wanting 5 or 6 players, and a smaller more manageable squad, which 5 or 6 should we pick? Yes, they are just rumours, but that is the topic of the thread, so who should we pick.

Hector is an absolute must and we should try and sell Rhodes for a sensible fee for the good of us and the player. This deal will fund it. 

Whilst I like Odubajo, we don’t need another right back and I just can’t see the logic in bringing him in. Bidwell is just an average championship left back and we can do better. Lazaar is decent but he was injured for the main part, same as Aarons. Is it worth the risk? I don’t know enough about Börner and Willis. Whilst Onomah was pretty average last season, I saw signs that he could be decent under the right manager and system. I would be tempted if we could get the right deal. I would like to bring Sam Morsy in as I think this is the type of signing we could do with to compete with Hutch in defensive midfield. 

Just now, S26 Owl said:

I think the biggest factor in us not signing hector is location. If a london/southern club come in he goes there. 

Biggest worry is fulham imo

Could be, yes We have quite a lot going for us though, as he and his family liked Sheffield, and he’s said he’d be keen to join He won’t be going out on loan, so there’s no point in waiting until the end of the window The longer his future is unresolved, the clubs nearer London may come more into focus

1 hour ago, pazowl55 said:

I am struggling to come up with anything that rhymes with Lazaar.

Anyone help?

:Sid:

I don't need a woooooooooosh, i just felt like posting this :biggrin:.

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, Bouncing Owl said:

Hector is an absolute must and we should try and sell Rhodes for a sensible fee for the good of us and the player. This deal will fund it. 

Whilst I like Odubajo, we don’t need another right back and I just can’t see the logic in bringing him in. Bidwell is just an average championship left back and we can do better. Lazaar is decent but he was injured for the main part, same as Aarons. Is it worth the risk? I don’t know enough about Börner and Willis. Whilst Onomah was pretty average last season, I saw signs that he could be decent under the right manager and system. I would be tempted if we could get the right deal. I would like to bring Sam Morsy in as I think this is the type of signing we could do with to compete with Hutch in defensive midfield. 

Forgot about Morsy, anyone else I forgot? Yeah, Hector is an absolute must, and we need to hold some places open for the Premier League youngsters, set to arrive on loan

8 minutes ago, StudentOwl said:

I think the biggest factor is us not having a pot to pi$$ in to be honest :Sid:

I think we’ve got a pot, unfortunately it’s the size of a marmite jar.......and we’ve been on the lash for three seasons!!!

It will ultimately come down to money with Hector. We need to meet the Chelsea valuation or best other offer. Beyond that, on personal terms we probably need to be in the ballpark. If we’re honest with ourselves, it’s not beyond the realms of possibility but it’s unlikely.

Guest Kagoshimaowl
1 hour ago, Bouncing Owl said:

I think if we don’t sign Hector, we will regret it. Tried and trusted. We must be sensible with the Rhodes sale to fund the Hector signing which we desperately need to make. Absolute no brainer!

Yes but it won’t fund it. We still owe Boro 4 million over the next two seasons which is why we would need 7 to pay for Hector. It’s quite logical if you think about it regardless of the fact that we will never sell Rhodes for 7 million.

9 hours ago, TheEnchanter said:

Well I think Willis would be free and on league 1 wages. But Hector theoretically is far superior as shown in his career. However that many players come through from the lower leagues and end up being great at this level. Its just we rarely get any of them! 

Also, noticing the players Bruce brought in last season and the names we've been linked with, it's clear he's shaping us into a more solid and dynamic modern outfit, more equipped for this level. The likes of Iorfa; Lazaar, Hector, Wilis, etc not only offer much needed pace and/or power but also versatility. Hector and Willis, despite being right footed like Iorfa, are both versatile according to transfermrkt. Willis if true and we get him, regardless of if we get our more expensive targets or not, would to me seem a potentially smart signing without breaking the bank.

Have we foooking singed anyone yet? Jesus christ.  Drag them back from holidays and get something sorted. 

A mix of players between old boys with no legs that have played for Brucie before and quick and young lads that are always injured; keep us all happy. 

9 hours ago, modboy said:

Think newsnow mentions hector to villa

Wouldn't blame him if he went to villa, considering their promotion. However if we miss out to another championship club, think it would be a mistake. 

Does seem were looking at other options though. 

10 hours ago, gurujuan said:

That was partly my point when people were suggesting we signed more right backs. Don’t forget, we’ve already got a fair few players off the pay roll. Rather push the boat out for Hector, who we know can deliver, than duplicate the other positions where we already have enough quality

It depends who the right back is. Odubajo on a sensible wage is pretty much as good as a winger. Our final ball from the full back position has been poor for a long time. 

18 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

It depends who the right back is. Odubajo on a sensible wage is pretty much as good as a winger. Our final ball from the full back position has been poor for a long time. 

Actually Odubajo would be a useful addition to the squad, but I don’t necessarily see him as just a right back. In fact, that’s the area he operated least in last season, but his adaptability and his ability to get about the pitch at speed, would be extremely handy. 

My main point however, is that we all know the areas that need strengthening, as we did post Wembley, and half a dozen players should do it. We cannot make the same mistake that Carlos did, bringing in about a dozen players. At least Bruce seems to agree, and has already stated, he is looking for 5 or 6 players. That is a sensible approach, as is his suggestion that we need to bring down the average age of the side. He will presumably want to do that with Premier League loan players, who would arrive later in the window. In fact, he’s said as much. If we are looking at 2 or 3 youngsters arriving later, then my question to those on here was, which 2 or 3 players, of the 20 we’ve been linked with, do you think we will sign? It’s neither necessary, or realistic, that we will sign a dozen or so players that some are clamouring for.

Edited by gurujuan