Official Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours Thread

2 minutes ago, vulture_squadron said:

Been assuming that putting v high price tags on Forestieri and Rhodes is poor judgement on our part up to now but maybe we just don't want to sell them?

Those valuations may come down if we get who we want first though.

18 hours ago, Bigblueowl said:

I read that they only have a 20 million pot to spend. 

I have a friend who is a big Norwich fan nad he told me situation. He did not know exact amount but he said they were certain to be relegated but would be well placed to bounce back having acquired funds from Premiership and hoping current players stay loyal as having given them a fair crack of whip in Premiership. It si similar to Burnly and WBA who had yo yo approach until managed to get strong enough team to stay in PL. Think Blunts may adopt similar strategy.

Guest wilyfox
27 minutes ago, Quist said:

I have a friend who is a big Norwich fan nad he told me situation. He did not know exact amount but he said they were certain to be relegated but would be well placed to bounce back having acquired funds from Premiership and hoping current players stay loyal as having given them a fair crack of whip in Premiership. It si similar to Burnly and WBA who had yo yo approach until managed to get strong enough team to stay in PL. Think Blunts may adopt similar strategy.

Well that's a smarter approach than Fulham's. 

41 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

Yes I think its out of necessity but if you do not have big hitter who can put big money up front does seem an option. If you soend big have to be able to recoup some of money.

1 minute ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

Heard today - Lazaar deal all but done.

He was on 500k a year at Newcastle which works out at about 9k a week.

Surprised how little he is on.

No wonder we're looking to re-sign Palmer.

47 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

Hmmm dunno about that.... I'd hate to go up just to prepare for relegation. Seems a bit pointless. As we've seen with teams coming down, there's no guarantee of a quick return to the Premier League.  

Maybe gamble on 5 or 6 younger players around the 10-15m bracket. At least they'll have resale value.

1 minute ago, Sham67 said:

No wonder we're looking to re-sign Palmer.

If so, that’s yet another position filled, so what of the Bidwell deal that was supposed to be signed and sealed. That would give us 4 left backs, to go with our 4 right backs, and yet another player the wrong side of 25

9 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

If so, that’s yet another position filled, so what of the Bidwell deal that was supposed to be signed and sealed. That would give us 4 left backs, to go with our 4 right backs, and yet another player the wrong side of 25

Eh? 

25 minutes ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

Wish i was on that little per week.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, s6 owl said:

Lazaar is better than both Palmer and Bidwell.

Yeah, his crossing ability really impressed me and he certainly didn't lack determination. As always with us, keeping these players fit is the real challenge but if we can they could turn out to be exactly what we need.

26 minutes ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

Suppose its good money coming from Palermo to the Prem is a good move. Think Newcastle probably structure a lot of their wages around bonuses too. Nile Ranger said they did with him and that was under Mike Ashley. At those wages and on a free transfer its good business on paper. 

4 minutes ago, Minton said:

We've (possibly) offered a contract to Jordan Willis at Coventry. Centre-back, made 39 appearances for them last season.

That was in the press right at the end of the season. Have you heard this more recently?

5 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

That was in the press right at the end of the season. Have you heard this more recently?

Coventry have just confirmed that they've offered him a contract but he hasn't taken it up as yet. Apparently as they sign more players, they will get closer to withdrawing their offer and also confirmed that he had been offered a deal by someone else, with us, Derby, Hull, Bristol and Luton all supposedly interested. So take your pick from one of those 5 I would imagine, 1 in 5 chance we have offered him something.

https://www.coventrytelegraph.net/sport/football/transfer-news/coventry-city-jordan-willis-contract-16375819

• Thanks 1