Official Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours Thread

6 minutes ago, lt109 said:

Good to see that Bruce has brought in a couple of his own guys, and hopefully it won’t be the Doyen biased shít fest moving forward when it comes to transfers.

2 hours ago, Blue and white said:

Rhodes will score goals under Bruce.

I really don’t understand why people think Rhodes will suddenly start scoring goals again just because we have Bruce?

He’s now struggled for 3 teams... two of which were promotion winning. When he was playing for us under Carlos he missed a good number of opportunities which he should have scored, he missed the penalty against Leeds and then refused to take one in the play offs. 

I’d love to be proved wrong because he seems to be a really nice guy but I just can’t see it happening.

20 minutes ago, 19owl08 said:

I really don’t understand why people think Rhodes will suddenly start scoring goals again just because we have Bruce?

He’s now struggled for 3 teams... two of which were promotion winning. When he was playing for us under Carlos he missed a good number of opportunities which he should have scored, he missed the penalty against Leeds and then refused to take one in the play offs. 

I’d love to be proved wrong because he seems to be a really nice guy but I just can’t see it happening.

He never struggled last term? Far from it. He scored at a rate better than all bar one of our strikers and that despite many cameo appearances off the bench. 

13 minutes ago, Philb125 said:

He never struggled last term? Far from it. He scored at a rate better than all bar one of our strikers and that despite many cameo appearances off the bench. 

If you include cup games he actually had a better rate than Joao as well, a goal every 133 minutes from Rhodes last season

28 minutes ago, 19owl08 said:

At which three teams has he struggled?

He's managed a decent average minutes per goal in this division for every club except Wednesday...

Norwich - 168 mins per goal

Wednesday - 360

Middlesbrough - 194

Blackburn - 164

For whatever reason, we're the only club who've failed to get a tune out of him.

5 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

At which three teams has he struggled?

He's managed a decent average minutes per goal in this division for every club except Wednesday...

Norwich - 168 mins per goal

Wednesday - 360

Middlesbrough - 194

Blackburn - 164

For whatever reason, we're the only club who've failed to get a tune out of him.

Lack of supply from us is pretty much it. 

The reason Rhodes wasn't successful with us is we didnt play to his strengths. Rhodes has scored goals when he had the supply from the wings of getting the ball early into the box rather than taking an age of going around the houses playing tippy tappy football that ends back where it started with Tom Lees.