Official Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours Thread

40 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Far from the finished item, and he may never be, but for the role Rhodes has been playing at Norwich, Joao is better

Far from the finished article he’s been here 3 seasons now, how long do we give him??

Its amazing that for all the grief that Rhodes gets he’s the only one if our forwards who any other team want to buy, so qualified football coaches must still see something in him

1 minute ago, yeadonowl said:

Far from the finished article he’s been here 3 seasons now, how long do we give him??

Its amazing that for all the grief that Rhodes gets he’s the only one if our forwards who any other team want to buy, so qualified football coaches must still see something in him

So who are these clubs who want to buy him

• Haha 1

Didn’t Norwich sign Rhodes on loan with an agreement already in place for his permanent signing, should they decide to take up the offer at the end of the loan period?

In other words, a fee would’ve been agreed from the outset. So is it a case that Norwich now wish to renege on that, and screw us for a smaller fee?

Or have I misunderstood the arrangement?

10 minutes ago, theowlsman said:

Didn’t Norwich sign Rhodes on loan with an agreement already in place for his permanent signing, should they decide to take up the offer at the end of the loan period?

In other words, a fee would’ve been agreed from the outset. So is it a case that Norwich now wish to renege on that, and screw us for a smaller fee?

There was rumoured to have been a 7m optional clause in the contract which they could decide to take up if they wish. But it has been denied by them that a clause even exists.

Edited by pazowl55

2 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

It’s odd that now, having seen him at first hand, they don’t consider him worth the money previously agreed. Yet, they still want him for their top flight campaign

They have denied there was an agreement to buy, largely because it took so long to negotiate the loan deal with us. As usual, we don't comment. 

That said  understand why they are balking at £7m. Seems they see him more as a dressing room mascot than a first team starter  judging by their comments (much like we have Nuhiu).

5 minutes ago, striker said:

They have denied there was an agreement to buy, largely because it took so long to negotiate the loan deal with us. As usual, we don't comment. 

That said  understand why they are balking at £7m. Seems they see him more as a dressing room mascot than a first team starter  judging by their comments (much like we have Nuhiu).

Yeah that makes sense, and if they can pick him up for a minimal fee, it’s a pretty no risk gamble. A fee of 3 or 4 million might be a more realistic value, and might attract other suitors

9 hours ago, The Dukeries Owl said:

What you got against Lucas? doesn't he give thumbs ups or applauds crap passes?

Dont really know what ur getting at there ?but yeh 

what I’ve got against him is he just doesn’t apply himself enough for me, 1 week can look like a superstar next week he’s a dis interested Kim Olsen 

I think we have to accept that negotiations between Norwich and DC are like 2 thirty Scotsmen arguing about who buys the first round, they will take ages to get an agreement

The problem is that the £3,5,7 million plus another £2 in wages is instrumental to our summer purchases due to FFP, so don't expect any sexy signings until this is sorted

3 minutes ago, nbupperthongowl said:

I think we have to accept that negotiations between Norwich and DC are like 2 thirty Scotsmen arguing about who buys the first round, they will take ages to get an agreement

The problem is that the £3,5,7 million plus another £2 in wages is instrumental to our summer purchases due to FFP, so don't expect any sexy signings until this is sorted

At £2 I'd keep him

24 minutes ago, nbupperthongowl said:

Our most expensive player is on less than minimum wage? Scandalous.

1 hour ago, theowlsman said:

Surely its in paper somewhere, shouldnt be hard for the club to verify either way

7 minutes ago, billyblack said:

Surely its in paper somewhere, shouldnt be hard for the club to verify either way

It was in the local Norwich newspaper.  Don't know if that is good enough for you.

18 hours ago, 19owl08 said:

I really don’t understand why people think Rhodes will suddenly start scoring goals again just because we have Bruce?

He’s now struggled for 3 teams... two of which were promotion winning. When he was playing for us under Carlos he missed a good number of opportunities which he should have scored, he missed the penalty against Leeds and then refused to take one in the play offs. 

I’d love to be proved wrong because he seems to be a really nice guy but I just can’t see it happening.

He has scored consistently at every club except ours and that was down to Coco and Dross, also he seems to score more playing for English managers who know how to get the best out of him.

Before Bruce came in there were very few fans that backed Fletcher, he was an expensive reject that we should off load asap, enter Bruce and we see a different player and the fans love him, the same will happen with Rhodes.