Official Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours Thread

41 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

We could do with a couple of centre halves so Borner doesn’t completely rule out Hector. But it’s good we are looking at alternatives given the amount Chelsea might want.

We have to really try and make it happen. The reason we backed out of signing Venancio, was his supposed price of 2m, and yet he moved for 800,000. Have to make sure we don’t make the same mistake with Hector, who was an even better fit. 

Maybe a guideline, Hause has just moved from Wolves to Villa for 3m. That would be a fair price for Hector I would have thought.

1 minute ago, gurujuan said:

We have to really try and make it happen. The reason we backed out of signing Venancio, was his supposed price of 2m, and yet he moved for 800,000. Have to make sure we don’t make the same mistake with Hector, who was an even better fit. 

Maybe a guideline, Hause has just moved from Wolves to Villa for 3m. That would be a fair price for Hector I would have thought.

Difference is one comes from Wolves and the other comes from a club who want 5m for a manager they probably aren't even going to keep anyway.

1 minute ago, pazowl55 said:

Difference is one comes from Wolves and the other comes from a club who want 5m for a manager they probably aren't even going to keep anyway.

Yeah, but Sarri is a top manager, Hector isn’t really part of things at Chelsea, and wouldn’t be, even under an embargo

3 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

It’s more about how many players we need to refresh the side and how we make that work within FFP. If signing Hector leaves us short of any quality out wide then that is short sighted as he would seem a luxury then.

Just now, gurujuan said:

Yeah, but Sarri is a top manager, Hector isn’t really part of things at Chelsea, and wouldn’t be, even under an embargo

That dont matter. Chelsea know the market and just like City are brilliant at getting top dollar for players who hardly ever kick a ball for them.

Just now, Bluesteel said:

It’s more about how many players we need to refresh the side and how we make that work within FFP. If signing Hector leaves us short of any quality out wide then that is short sighted as he would seem a luxury then.

That was partly my point when people were suggesting we signed more right backs. Don’t forget, we’ve already got a fair few players off the pay roll. Rather push the boat out for Hector, who we know can deliver, than duplicate the other positions where we already have enough quality

3 hours ago, Hitcat said:

I once saw Lazaar in his car in Dunbar, with his door ajar outside an abattoir pulling his plums into a jar of caviar. 

I literally had that exact dream last night!! 

Its a sign....I’m just not sure of what.....lol

• Haha 3

30 minutes ago, modboy said:

Think newsnow mentions hector to villa

This is the other issue with Hector.

Not just any fee but the fact other clubs could probably pay him more

Especially somebody like Villa who have Premier money and could offer top league football.

So what do we have, we have been strongly linked with Borner, Odubajo, Bidwell, Onomah and Hector, plus a return for Aarons and Lazaar Recent links added, Willis, Downing and Diame, and maybe a back up keeper. Then there are the young legs we plan to bring in, so maybe a few Premier League youngsters as we get towards the end of the window. Obviously we probably won’t sign all those players. So if Bruce is being realistic about wanting 5 or 6 players, and a smaller more manageable squad, which 5 or 6 should we pick? Yes, they are just rumours, but that is the topic of the thread, so who should we pick.

Just now, S26 Owl said:

I think the biggest factor in us not signing hector is location. If a london/southern club come in he goes there. 

Biggest worry is fulham imo

I think the biggest factor is us not having a pot to pi$$ in to be honest :Sid:

• Haha 9