Official Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours Thread

1 hour ago, striker said:

Wouldn't blame him if he went to villa, considering their promotion. However if we miss out to another championship club, think it would be a mistake. 

Does seem were looking at other options though. 

He will end up at fulham i reckon

15 hours ago, sage owl said:

Most of those aren't our players, how can it look good or bad for that matter. :biggrin:

Hence the word potentially 

24 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Actually Odubajo would be a useful addition to the squad, but I don’t necessarily see him as just a right back. In fact, that’s the area he operated least in last season, but his adaptability and his ability to get about the pitch at speed, would be extremely handy. 

My main point however, is that we all know the areas that need strengthening, as we did post Wembley, and half a dozen players should do it. We cannot make the same mistake that Carlos did, bringing in about a dozen players. At least Bruce seems to agree, and has already stated, he is looking for 5 or 6 players. That is a sensible approach, as is his suggestion that we need to bring down the average age of the side. He will presumably want to do that with Premier League loan players, who would arrive later in the window. In fact, he’s said as much. If we are looking at 2 or 3 youngsters arriving later, then my question to those on here was, which 2 or 3 players, of the 20 we’ve been linked with, do you think we will sign? It’s neither necessary, or realistic, that we will sign a dozen or so players that some are clamouring for.

I think we will sign two full backs and at least one centre half for free. The rest ie central midfielder, Hector, wingers or forward will depend on what loans are available, whether we do the stadium sale and who moves out and for how much. 

5 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

I think we will sign two full backs and at least one centre half for free. The rest ie central midfielder, Hector, wingers or forward will depend on what loans are available, whether we do the stadium sale and who moves out and for how much. 

If we sign new full/wing backs i hope we play 532. With no new wingers our team will be very ordinary

5 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

I would be happy to use the loan market to cover the left back slot. There are some really good, quick young left backs who will be looking to go out on loan. Happy to bring in a centre back, and a utility player (Odubajo) in on frees, and cover the rest with youngsters from the Premier League. If we sell any of our current first team squad, we can use the money to bring in Hector

Bruce knows game inside out , Think back some of you old enough ,Big Jack he sat in the stand with his Mrs fans begged him to take over ,We were in a right mess ,Money wise team on the wain ,We needed a Manager who knew the game ,Bruce is the man ,Who we will sign I have not got a clue ,But trust the man ,He will get the job done.

2 hours ago, steelcityowlsfan said:

If we assume Rhodes is coming back, my question would be do we have enough goals in the side to mount a promotion charge? Other than the odd rumour we don't appear to be in the market for a striker but I'm not convinced we have enough goals in the side at present. 

Rhodes will score goals under Bruce.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Blue and white said:

Rhodes will score goals under Bruce.

It appears we can't afford to keep Rhodes on the wage bill though 

So we need to tell Norwich that no deal is off the table MargieMay.png.bb42b2424b3fd63b5c0005193481939a.png

• Haha 1