Official Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours Thread

For me Onomah is a typical english youth prospect. Great physical atributes, looks good on the ball, but lacks basic tactical understanding of the game and gets it talents wasted like so many before him. Complete opposite to likes of (let's say) Glenn Whelan who understood what was demanded of him, and made most of his career.

7 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

Onomah just looks lazy and doesn’t work hard enough especially off the ball. Type of player I really don’t like seeing in a Wednesday shirt. 

Billy big balls , will be playing in non  League in four years time. 

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, andypandy said:

Onomah reminds me of Lucas, you know there is talent in there, and shows glimpses, but is not consistent.............. 1 good game now and again will not lead us to the premier league.

Maybe, it also depends on what type of side we want to be. I mean, at a club like Brentford for example, Joao would be playing every week, and would probably be a success. You can’t imagine them choosing a hard working, but limited, player who had seen better days, over someone with the potential of Joao. That’s how these players end up in the championship, where clubs like Brentford polish them up, and sell them on for big money. However infuriating he can be, I would play Joao over most of our forwards, every week.

17 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Maybe, it also depends on what type of side we want to be. I mean, at a club like Brentford for example, Joao would be playing every week, and would probably be a success. You can’t imagine them choosing a hard working, but limited, player who had seen better days, over someone with the potential of Joao. That’s how these players end up in the championship, where clubs like Brentford polish them up, and sell them on for big money. However infuriating he can be, I would play Joao over most of our forwards, every week.

Ive said several times that I’m at times envious of teams without expectation, the teams that can afford to persevere with players even if they have a bad patch. 

Teams like Barnsley, Brentford etc can play raw talent / potential and with no expectations or demands of instant success they get the time needed to develop players. Unfortunately teams that are expected to be challenging don’t get that luxury.  

11 hours ago, gurujuan said:

So it’s official, Preston and Hughes have been offered new deals 

Pleased with that, thought Preston showed signs of potential, even though he came into a poor side at the time. 

A season on loan would do them both the world of good. No point playing just another season in the U23's.

Edited by striker

9 hours ago, pazowl55 said:

The fact that the likes of Harry Winks ( good player now ) and Oliver Skipp can make there way into the spurs side and Onomah has loan after loan with debatably more talent say all you need to know really.

More talent lol I’m logging out 

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:

More talent lol I’m logging out 

Perhaps with more talent should have been replaced with could have had. 

Sure if you asked Spurs fan a few years ago they would have said Onomah would probably have gone on to be a good player.

4 hours ago, Philb125 said:

Ive said several times that I’m at times envious of teams without expectation, the teams that can afford to persevere with players even if they have a bad patch. 

Teams like Barnsley, Brentford etc can play raw talent / potential and with no expectations or demands of instant success they get the time needed to develop players. Unfortunately teams that are expected to be challenging don’t get that luxury.  

Expecting to get hung, drawn and quartered for this but perhaps after almost 20 years outside the Top Flight perhaps we should finally adjust our expectations. Having said that I'm expecting ticket prices as one of the things that will get chucked straight back at me and perhaps understandably so but going forward as a club and what we have a right to genuinely expect is very much an issue for me at this moment in time.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Great Big Galaa said:

Expecting to get hung, drawn and quartered for this but perhaps after almost 20 years outside the Top Flight perhaps we should finally adjust our expectations. Having said that I'm expecting ticket prices as one of the things that will get chucked straight back at me and perhaps understandably so but going forward as a club and what we have a right to genuinely expect is very much an issue for me at this moment in time.

Our expectations were adjusted and we didn't expect promotion. 

That changed when a new chairman came in and promised us promotion with in three years.

Edited by pazowl55

12 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

That changed when a new chairman came in and promised us promotion with in three years.

True, I forgot about that :unsure:

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Philb125 said:

Liverpool persevered with Henderson when people said he was a flop, they're not doing bad lately.

Maybe we just have impatient chairmen,  managers and fans who demand instant gratification instead of year on year improvement.

3 hours ago, pazowl55 said:

I know where you’re coming from, but most of us have been round the block enough times to realise we cannot rely on ‘promises’ - sport just doesn’t work like that.