Official Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours Thread

2 hours ago, hawksmore said:

Our player of the season not worth £5m, so what does that do to the value of the rest of our team?!

joao touted as being worth £4m+, forestieri £8m+ and reach £10m+ But hector seemingly not worth a carrot now 

Mind blowing on here at times. 

I don't think it's a case of him not being worth the £5m, just that our financial dealing are going to be under scrutiny this Summer so that kind of outlay on one player is quite steep. I'd love him back on loan but very much doubt Chelsea would allow that as they probably want to cash in now.

1 minute ago, Dronfield_SWFC said:

If Van Aiken is worth the £4m we paid then Hector is a bargain at 5 million

Only two comments:

1. van Aken is not worth £4 million

2. It is highly unlikely we paid anywhere near that sum for him anyway

Guest wilyfox

Rhodes hasn't been a regular starter for 3yrs since he helped Boro up, and yet DC thinks he's still worth most of what he paid for him? I don't understand his logic at all. 

£7m transfer fee? 

We've already recouped a couple of million from Rhodes through saved wages, promotion bonus and all that loan jazz... all you have to do is charge them a few million and we get £7m in total, surely that's "fine"? We're never going to just about break even on Rhodes, he's devalued massively, £7m transfer fee is nonsense. 

I hope that's just a negotiating ploy and we'll actually accept much lower. That would be the expected/common-sense thing, but that's on the assumption DC has learnt anything over the last two years. 

And now I'm asking myself "how safe is it to make that assumption?". 

Eesh