Official Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours Thread

39 minutes ago, meggoisgod said:

Disagree, £3m max otherwise move on

Even thats way above us,lets face it hes gunna have to be peanuts & take a wages haircut to move here,pretty sure chelski will know were upto our necks in grief,rests up to Hector,much as id REALLY love to have big Hector here,hes not the only decent CB on planet earth waiting for a club,we just need to find him

3 hours ago, Steve Down South said:

Really don’t get these comments. Whilst I think it highly unlikely we could sign Onomah on the cheap, if there was a chance then I think it would be excellent business.  He’s only just 22, has the physical attributes we lack right now, is technically sound and I believe more likely to succeed in the Premier League than any of the current squad.

I dont understand why people are championing actually signing Onomah.His loan spells have been underwhelming to say the least. His attitude is questionable what does he actually bring. If he has so much potential why are Spurs happy for him to go ?.

4 hours ago, glosowl said:

Utter testicles no promises were made

4 hours ago, DELUDED OWL said:

Its amazing innit,how one statement can be so "misqouted" by so many.......................................baffling.

(Not exclusive to just this place).

To be fair I do retract the statement a few posts down and admit I shouldn't have used the word promise.

3 hours ago, legendaryswan said:

Even thats way above us,lets face it hes gunna have to be peanuts & take a wages haircut to move here,pretty sure chelski will know were upto our necks in grief,rests up to Hector,much as id REALLY love to have big Hector here,hes not the only decent CB on planet earth waiting for a club,we just need to find him

We ain’t upto our necks in grief, were upto our necks in red tape from potential EFL rules that they seem to make up as they go along 

3 hours ago, ZicoSterland2 said:

I dont understand why people are championing actually signing Onomah.His loan spells have been underwhelming to say the least. His attitude is questionable what does he actually bring. If he has so much potential why are Spurs happy for him to go ?.

A player with potential to us is a bit different to a player with potential to Spurs. 

59 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

We ain’t upto our necks in grief, were upto our necks in red tape from potential EFL rules that they seem to make up as they go along 

Having to flog the ground to avoid a points deduction seems like grief to me. Call it red tape if it makes you feel better but grief seems pretty appropriate.

1 hour ago, flo said:

A player with potential to us is a bit different to a player with potential to Spurs. 

Some on here stating we will make millions on his future potential and is premier league quality. If you see that you must be watching a different player to me. I think he has shown very little whilst here. Another Matias type poor effort living on supposed potential and was out injured for long periods. Thought we had our fill of those type of players as it has proved very costly in recent times.

Our player of the season not worth £5m, so what does that do to the value of the rest of our team?!

joao touted as being worth £4m+, forestieri £8m+ and reach £10m+ But hector seemingly not worth a carrot now 

Mind blowing on here at times. 

2 minutes ago, hawksmore said:

Our player of the season not worth £5m, so what does that do to the value of the rest of our team?!

joao touted as being worth £4m+, forestieri £8m+ and reach £10m+ But hector seemingly not worth a carrot now 

Mind blowing on here at times. 

He's had a great season for us, particularly once Bruce and his team took over, and it's clear that we want to sign him.

However, he's only got twelve months left on his contact; isn't going to be getting a game for Chelsea any time soon; and will surely be available for free this time next year, which has to be taken into account when assessing his value.

£5m would make him one of the most expensive centre backs ever signed by a Championship club.

14 hours ago, bigash_swfc said:

As sad as it sounds, I doubt he would have made the pigs starting 11, they fought for eachother on a different level. 

That's what it takes to get promotion - players determined not to get beat, extremely fit and organised over 90+ minutes week in week out.

Is someone dropping down from Prem to Championship gonna have these qualities or will they just accept a wage, knowing they're not quite good enough for the top level, but can stroll around, a league below, if that's all there is available?

I wasn't impressed with Onomah either, having seen most of his Wednesday appearances, but I've not managed him or any team for that matter and SB has, so I fully trust him to make the right decision, depending on how cheap he is, of course! 

4 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

5 million for Hector is a hell of a lot of money and for me to much for him. 

Funny old game mate isn’t it. For me he’s worth that all day, especially to us. We know him, his qualities, he works well with Lees and actually makes him a better player in the same way Loovens did.

Also, what does 5 mil buy these days? Opinions, opinions lol

2 minutes ago, Morepork said:

Funny old game mate isn’t it. For me he’s worth that all day, especially to us. We know him, his qualities, he works well with Lees and actually makes him a better player in the same way Loovens did.

Also, what does 5 mil buy these days? Opinions, opinions lol

£5 million can buy one garbage player or four pretty decent players, depending on how well the market is used. However, for reasons we all know, Wednesday are not in the market for £5 million players these days so it would be advisable to pass on that one if, indeed, there's any truth in it.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

5 million for Hector is a hell of a lot of money and for me to much for him. 

It is for a player who only has a year left on his contract. However I am not saying he isn't worth that amount. The other way to look at it is we could sell him for more than £5m in a year or two.