Official Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours Thread

Sometimes you don’t always get what you think a player is worth but ultimately some offers you receive are the best that you are going to get. This is where Bruce’s experience and football acumen comes in and the Chairman at times needs to take his advice on board when offered or else we’re going to keep treading water because of the financial restrictions that the EFL’s P&S rules cause?

Guest wilyfox

Take a lesser fee to get him off the books, or continue to pay up to 4mil per season in fee & salary. Hmmm...tough one DC. May need to consult the rocket scientists on this one. 

£7m for Rhodes? It’s so clear why no one has left Wednesday with these valuations Chansiri has. He’s done nothing for 3 years, getting towards 30 and finding someone to pay his wages will be hard enough. We should be looking at about £3m to get for him, either that or we lose his for free next year and we’ve still had to pay his wages for this season. 

It’s called negotiation!

Ask for 7, Offered 2, agree on 3.5!

Also the hypocrisy on here over a Nixon article is laughable, usually any of his stories are met with comments of “It’s only Nixon, he knows fukall” etc, etc. But because it can be seen as a stick to beat the Chairman with it’s suddenly gospel and manna from heaven for all the usual Chansiri haters!

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, casbahowl said:

It’s called negotiation!

Ask for 7, Offered 2, agree on 3.5!

Also the hypocrisy on here over a Nixon article is laughable, usually any of his stories are met with comments of “It’s only Nixon, he knows fukall” etc, etc. But because it can be seen as a stick to beat the Chairman with it’s suddenly gospel and manna from heaven for all the usual Chansiri haters!

Can you point me to where we’ve negotiated well on transfers since DC came in.

Just now, vulva said:

Can you point me to where we’ve negotiated well on transfers since DC came in.

Of course I can’t because I’m not privy to any of our transfer negotiations either prior to DC’s arrival or since!

Are you?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, casbahowl said:

Of course I can’t because I’m not privy to any of our transfer negotiations either prior to DC’s arrival or since!

Are you?

That’s a no then. 

Our recruitment activity is the main reason why we ended up with up with a bunch of overpaid duffers lower in the league than when we started with DC. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, vulva said:

That’s a no then. 

Our recruitment activity is the main reason why we ended up with up with a bunch of overpaid duffers lower in the league than when we started with DC. 

Agreed. Lets look at this another way, how many players have we made a profit on since DC has been here?

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, vulva said:

That’s a no then. 

Of course it’s a no!

The clue is in the reply, Sherlock 

Of course Chelsea will want £5m for Hector. They paid £4m for him and they’ll want to make a profit on him. That’s business.

For me, Hector was excellent next season and it’s a no brainer to bring him back to the club. It’s tried and tested and limited risk. I would go up to £3.5m fee and an additional £500k based on promotion. Obviously, I’d start negotiating at a lower price. Still think this could happen.

Rhodes at £7m is laughable. I think the maximum we can expect is £3m and we may not even get that. 

Just now, casbahowl said:

Of course it’s a no!

The clue is in the reply, Sherlock 

Not convinced there is any value in me debating this with you any further. 

Have a a great Bank Holiday weekend. 

• Haha 1

Guest wilyfox

We're lucky Norwich want him back. I was hoping DC would make the most of that, not scare them off with a silly price. 

41 minutes ago, Bigblueowl said:

Apparantly Delia is only giving him 20 Million to spend so no way he's going to spaff 7milll on Rhodes, 2 million tops. 

Depends how the deal is structured, could be 2 - 3 mill up front and the rest in add-ons, like another 2 mill if they stay up. 

Also if you don't ask....No one thought the loan deal would go through, but that got negotiated and agreed in the end.

Maybe DC has a point. Start off high and meet in the middle.

Edited by jp1981

Chelsea paid 4 million for Hector from Reading and he's not progressed from that Championship level so 4 million is still about right though prices are rising. A deal of money up front and money later might work. If not then it's alternatives. Sort the squad overall and later payment should prove workable. 

9 minutes ago, vulva said:

That’s a no then. 

I'd agree with you until the last 12 months. 

The 1m loan fee for Rhodes, Iorfa for 250k. The Hector loan. Bannan and Joao contracts.The Bruce arrival and letting him start at his choosing.

That's been an improvement to be fair so there might be light at the end of the tunnel.