Official Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours Thread

I remember us all getting moist at signing Lewis McGugan after a loan spell where he swaggered about on the pitch but ultimately looked more interested in playing a footballer rather than battling for his team. That ended well. 

Onomah needs to show a lot more desire if he gets signed than he has done previously. He's got the talent, but he needs the application now. Fingers crossed if he joins, he can kick on. 

19 minutes ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

Onomah is an awful footballer. Think Jay Bothroyd tried harder than he did. Couldn't be less bothered if he tried. Lazy cheeky monkey.

We DO NOT need to spending what little money we have available on him.

really hope that's the swear filter...

4 hours ago, hugeowl said:

Bannan is one of the most coveted players in the Championship and he is ours , but still not good enough for some space cakes on here 

There are some on here who would pick faults in Messi .

If Bruce wants him and thinks he can get him playing in a way that’s going to benefit us and him then that’s good enough for me but it’s not surprising that the members of the OT crown court jury have already found him guilty of being cr@p and want to sentence him at Tottenham or somewhere else :rolleyes:

Personally really hope Bruce doesn’t go after Onomah again. The majority of time he was fit enough to start games he didn’t look bothered. I want to see players battling for every ball. He seemed the complete opposite. Not a player we need. 

1 hour ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

Onomah is an awful footballer. Think Jay Bothroyd tried harder than he did. Couldn't be less bothered if he tried. Lazy cheeky monkey.

We DO NOT need to spending what little money we have available on him.

And yet Birley, many on here have and will continue to level the same about FF as well.

Personally , I think he is talented and was probably not 100% when he came back into the team. Bruce obviously does like him  so whilst us on OT  are undoubtedly experts WTF:

let's see if Bruce knows a little bit more than us lot. Doubt it though :tango:

• Thanks 1

Guest wilyfox
19 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

He’s a better bet than Powell, so I’d be happy if it turns out to be a realistic signing

I don't think he is, not in terms of apps, goals, assists, or influence on style of play - nor value for money. The only thing I see in Onomah's favour is age & athleticism. 

I think bannan is quality and our team relays far too much in him ( that’s not a bad thing ) what it means is we have to raise the quality and style around bannan to bring out the best of him 

5 goals and 11 assists last season tells me he’s effective

keep bannan add more pace up top and out wide with runners getting up to support aka Keiren lee style and watch bannan pull those strings he’d be causing havoc with how he sees a run and picks a pass. Bannan needs more options and he is key to our success

solid keeper

solid central defenders

solid holding defensive midfielder 

box to box late runner midfielder 

Barry Bannan playmaker 

pace at full backs and out wide 

Solid forward / target man / goal scorer 

I’m sure we can all slip names in there and know where we need to be recruiting 

get those wide areas and fullbacks Improved 

3 hours ago, sage owl said:

Onomah is better than Bannan really or am I being whooshed. 

He has physical attributes that Bannan doesn't like pace and strength.

But I take on board what people have said aBout work rate 

Edited by Beholder

38 minutes ago, Beholder said:

He has physical attributes that Bannan doesn't like pace and strength.

But I take on board what people have said aBout work rate 

Come on pal he's certainly faster and stronger than Bannan but as a footballer he's shown nothing that I've seen that even allows for comparison. 

That's not to say he can't become better than Bannan but at the moment he's absolutely miles away. 

Just now, sage owl said:

Come on pal he's certainly faster and stronger than Bannan but as a footballer he's shown nothing that I've seen that even allows for comparison. 

That's not to say he can't become better than Bannan but at the moment he's absolutely miles away. 

No he ain't miles away.

He is quality on the ball , no less comfrotable than Bannan and can cover ground faster. 

Anyway the comparison with Bannan wasn't my main point, it's just the bit everone lept on.

My point is he is a quality player.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wilyfox said:

I don't think he is, not in terms of apps, goals, assists, or influence on style of play - nor value for money. The only thing I see in Onomah's favour is age & athleticism. 

Plus...providing we don't spend an absolute fortune on him he may also have resale value on his side.

1 hour ago, Beholder said:

No he ain't miles away.

He is quality on the ball , no less comfrotable than Bannan and can cover ground faster. 

Anyway the comparison with Bannan wasn't my main point, it's just the bit everone lept on.

My point is he is a quality player.

To each his own but I just haven't seen it from him yet.