Alan Nixon

6 hours ago, soldierboyblue said:

Agreed I hope when Jos is sacked we have a proper look at who’s available and who wants the job, this season is finished we need a manager who can build and grow the club and team.

Unfortunately this season is far from finished. Judging purely on what I've seen with my own 2 eyes we are in serious danger of relegation this season without anything changing. 

As others have said I'm not a great Bruce fan but he'd be much better than anyone else I'm expecting. 

1 hour ago, Beauchief Owl said:

Big concern re Bruce, we actually went to Villa and outplayed them whilst winning 2-1. Their only goal was a worldie at that.

Bang on, why would you want him., managing this club, if jos beat him. 

Edited by Maddogbob

8 minutes ago, Blue and white said:

We beat Arsenal 3-0 whilst out playing them, your point is.

Yep, some folk wanted Big Mick but I remember wolves lost 0-4 at home to WBA in their derby once.  And the wolves team was poor for a while. Managers/teams have ups and downs.

Chris hughton got sacked at a few clubs but Brighton fans love him. 

Maybe Bruce will take everything he has learned and improve us 

30 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

I guess that rules out Klopp then, since Luhukay has beaten him twice.

IIRC we beat Geordie twice were exactly trying to sell Rata.

Anyway not a big fan of Bruce and have doubts he would come here, as what would tempt him no money to spend? That been said it's got to the point where we need a change. Choices maybe Bruce, Hurst, Holloway, think Bruce would sort some of our players.

1 minute ago, Harrysgame said:

IIRC we beat Geordie twice were exactly trying to sell Rata.

Anyway not a big fan of Bruce and have doubts he would come here, as what would tempt him no money to spend? That been said it's got to the point where we need a change. Choices maybe Bruce, Hurst, Holloway, think Bruce would sort some of our players.

If we tempt Bruce, I'd be encouraged that he's up for the challenge of wheeling, dealing and coaching his way to a competitive squad.

30 minutes ago, Southie_Owl said:

Yep, some folk wanted Big Mick but I remember wolves lost 0-4 at home to WBA in their derby once.  And the wolves team was poor for a while. Managers/teams have ups and downs.

Chris hughton got sacked at a few clubs but Brighton fans love him. 

Maybe Bruce will take everything he has learned and improve us 

Think some managers work with certain clubs and not others. For some reason Bruce at Villa never seemed right and it did not work.

Before anybody asks I have no idea what would fit with our fan base but Bruce stands as good a chance as any. Think some foreign names mentioned would not stand a chance and some old favourites have no chance of getting job in current set up. 

Who ever gets job needs time because we have poor team and from comment relating to Bruce he realises a clear out is required.

Lets hope DC has fresh cheque book ready.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Philb125 said:

Need a manager who can motivate big names, some of them overpaid mistakes... step up the man who couldn’t motivate his star player to come to training; ‘stating my gates broke’.

Never played again, I’ll just go break the transfer record and buy a new 10m plus striker! 

Yea he’s the one! Get him in. 

Irony of that is,  if Villa had got promoted last season 

Mr "my Gates are broke" would have pocketed a 2 million quid Promotion bonus and not played in one game ....

Just think of "our lot" and what's going on at the moment ?

Football is a hungry monster

And it's we as supporters that keep feeding it ......

Edited by OWLERTON GHOST
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Morepork said:

You rule out every prospective candidate applying that kind of logic. lol

Just look at his time at villa, would be a hideous appointment. Your all just desperate, for anyone. 

In the cold light of day, thinking about it rationality. Not for me. They all fail eventually, so im sure we might get someone I like next time. 

One of the positives with Bruce is he will have a vast amount of contacts in the English game at the big clubs, so could well be able to get us top young prem players on loan . 

On the down side, he has a Potato head. 

• Haha 3

Just now, S36 OWL said:

One of the positives with Bruce is he will have a vast amount of contacts in the English game at the big clubs, so could well be able to get us top young prem players on loan . 

On the down side, he has a Potato head. 

Yes that is a positive, I suppose

37 minutes ago, Maddogbob said:

Just look at his time at villa, would be a hideous appointment. Your all just desperate, for anyone. 

In the cold light of day, thinking about it rationality. Not for me. They all fail eventually, so im sure we might get someone I like next time. 

Aye, terrible record at this level, only 4 promotions. :duntmatter:

13 minutes ago, bladeshater said:

If Bruce is to be successful a lot of things behind the scenes have to change radically 

Like loads of money to spend  Joking apart, I agree with you, will he work under the structure DC has set up, where transfers are conducted by the chairman and his advisors