Alan Nixon

53 minutes ago, Blue and white said:

Think it will be a real statement of intent if he is appointed, things will have to change behind the scenes and there will be the end of Paxonas there will be no need for him.

It remains to be seen but I feel this could be The moment Chansiri actually starts to learn.

We can only hope and pray he gets shut of Paxo and hid Doyen mates. 

Just now, TodwickOwl said:

Can someone update - is he rumoured to be coming in tomorrow as I’ve read above?! 

One or two are hinting but seems to me to be guesswork at best. None of the usual twitterazzi have droppedabollock yet in terms of letting a cat out of the bag by hinting at owt.

I’m still thinking Ollie has a chance.

1 hour ago, Maddogbob said:

Tedious at villa, his last club. Laugh all you like. At some point youll be calling for his head. 

Regardless of who it is at some point we’ll be calling for their head. No changes behind the scenes we’ll be calling for it sooner. Whoever comes in and someone surely will we absolutely must stop hamstringing ourself with diabolical mismanagement.

For what it’s worth - anyone who doesn’t think Bruce is a better option or isn’t a decent option at all, needs their head screwing back on .

Great CV, great contacts, great with fans and media alike - and a good honest decent bloke and well liked in the game. It would be nice to hear someone tell it how it is after games than Jos muddle through describing how the goals went in rather than the match and how we faltered.

29 minutes ago, TodwickOwl said:

For what it’s worth - anyone who doesn’t think Bruce is a better option or isn’t a decent option at all, needs their head screwing back on .

Great CV, great contacts, great with fans and media alike - and a good honest decent bloke and well liked in the game. It would be nice to hear someone tell it how it is after games than Jos muddle through describing how the goals went in rather than the match and how we faltered.

Correct. Bruce would be a magnificent appointment. Let's get it done and move on upwards.

Wouldn’t say I’m pro Nixon, Watergate and all that.......

I’m not sure about this rumour. Bruce is  one of the usual suspects on the British Manager merry go round, we are a club in turmoil. Easy to put 2 and 2 together and come up with any answer bar 4....

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Blue and white said:

Without question the worst manager we've ever had and we've had some serious contenders over the years.

Agreed. People often pick on Alan Irvine but despite that period been pretty atrocious, Irvine at least looked like he was trying to do something. 

• Thanks 2

No to Bruce for me, he’s only been successful with money , was useless at Villa despite spending loads . He’s a has been.

We should take a gamble on a young up and coming manager , probably from league one or two. 

Not so young but wouldn’t be against Sheridan or Doncaster’s manager .

Edited by Itchy
  • Haha 1

Just now, Itchy said:

No to Bruce for me, he’s only been successful with money , was useless at Villa despite spending load . He’s a has been We should take a gamble on a young up and coming manager , probably from league one or two. 

Not so young but wouldn’t be against Sheridan or Doncaster’s manager 

Given our current predicament, I don't think we can afford to gamble.

Bruce knows this league like the back of his hand and would represent as much of a safe pair of hands as it's possible to get in football management.

• Like 1