Alan Nixon

Just now, steelowl said:

he must be on a hell of a contract to stay there  wasted imo

I think he gets away with a lot of criticism because the chairman takes all the flak 

Excellent track record of course but is he working wonders at Newcastle? I wouldn’t say that 

2 minutes ago, Triple O said:

Wow. One step at a time eh?

I found to be successful in any pursuit in life you have to look ahead as far as you possibly can and make a plan. 

For example when driving you look as far ahead as you can see on road. If you just look to end of bonnet you are in trouble.

Think Wednesday have made this mistake with both recruitment of players and manager in recent times.

2 hours ago, FreshOwl said:

Bruce would be fantastic and is the absolute best we could hope for

But I just can’t see him wanting to come here, why would you? And if DC was willing to pay top dollar than surely he would have done this first time round, instead of buying these European nobodies? 

Too good to he true unfortunately 

I agree with this. If our financial situation is as bad as we're led to believe then surely Bruce would not come here. Sell our best players, try and keep us up, work with DC? I'm not buying it.

11 minutes ago, Quist said:

I found to be successful in any pursuit in life you have to look ahead as far as you possibly can and make a plan. 

For example when driving you look as far ahead as you can see on road. If you just look to end of bonnet you are in trouble.

Think Wednesday have made this mistake with both recruitment of players and manager in recent times.

You haven't seen the length of my bonnet :stuwinky:

12 minutes ago, agentwalker said:

I'd honestly take Di Canio at this stage just to inject something different. Might all end in tears but at least it would be entertaining.

a few people have mentioned him  brilliant player  but I think he would just finish the job he did on our club with that shove 

3 hours ago, Flat Owl said:

Another possible if not probable scenario is that JL has been advised his tenure is coming to a close and a new coach is coming in.  JL as an honourable man and knowing he is in his last job in football, may have agreed contrary to tradition to 'stay in post' until that happens...this may explain his reticence in the dugout over the past few games with Bullen taking a more visible role?

Excuse the ramblings of an old man....

No ramblings here.

It's a distinct possibility.

1 hour ago, Bouncing Owl said:

I’d take Holloway. We have got a good track record with charismatic managers. 

I’d also love a charismatic charmer. I agree that the club does well traditionally with big personalities, our fans love that type of manager. Big Jack, Big Ron etc. 

I was just starting to warm to Carvalhal too when it became apparent he wasn’t as good a manager as he was with spending other people’s money. Think he would’ve made someone a good wife though. Assessed on his spending of others’ money obviously.

Edited by theowlsman
  • Haha 1

My reading on this is Jos was given a year's contract from 8th January 2018 with an option to extend, or it was a rolling deal with a simple notice period - say 1 or 3 months, which may have now been triggered.

Either way I doubt JS will be sat in the dug out for the Birmingham game on New year's day, as we are likely to have appointed his successor.

15 minutes ago, Animis said:

My reading on this is Jos was given a year's contract from 8th January 2018 with an option to extend, or it was a rolling deal with a simple notice period - say 1 or 3 months, which may have now been triggered.

Either way I doubt JS will be sat in the dug out for the Birmingham game on New year's day, as we are likely to have appointed his successor.

Hopefully will be back in Holland eating strüdelwaffel and drinking mulled wine or whatever their equivalent of fish and chips is.

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Animis said:

Good point.

We've all gone on about people not wanting to work for DC. But I don't think it's been mentioned that it may be down to not wanting to sign a one-year contract.