Alan Nixon

Would I want Bruce to come in? Definitely. 

Do I think it will happen? No chance. 

There's a potential  £20 million FFP black hole, the selling of our best players to come, to be replaced with frees, loans and kids. Most likely followed by a few seasons in the pub league. 

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Great Big Galaa said:

Over 800 games in management that’s not a bad strike rate.

And 4 promotions from this league, there isn't one of us that hasn't cried out for an proven manager at this level and yet we reportedly stand on the verge of appointing the manager with the 2nd best promotion record from this league and some don't want him.

People are not looking at the bigger picture, if  Bruce is appointed it will bring a change in how the club is run and will be the end of Paxo and his free lunch, we will have a manager in place who will demand full control of team affairs and this will be a prerequisite of him taking the job.

Yes we will still be skint for a season or two but what better person to build a team for promotion than someone who knows what is needed to get promotion.

1 minute ago, pazowl55 said:

Wasn't Villa in a worse financial position than us. Then all of a sudden some new investment and everything seems fine. 

Perhaps they have found ways around it. 

Are we trying to do the same.

Villa's wasn't FFP it was cash flow

• Thanks 1

Just now, pazowl55 said:

Wasn't Villa in a worse financial position than us. Then all of a sudden some new investment and everything seems fine. 

Perhaps they have found ways around it. 

Are we trying to do the same.

I believe it was just a cash flow problem, so not in the same position as us.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

The irony is that villa actually had a funding issue.

We don’t, it’s just the football leagues rules which make it feel like we do.

What we need to do is sell Morgan Fox to some foreign club and make out they've paid £50M for him, everything will be reight then. :CEO:

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, bradowl said:

What we need to do is sell Morgan Fox to some foreign club and make out they've paid £50M for him, everything will be reight then. :CEO:

Apart from trade description act, (footballer) we could be done for selling faulty goods.

Edited by daleblue
  • Haha 2

16 minutes ago, BRADDO said:

Would I want Bruce to come in? Definitely. 

Do I think it will happen? No chance. 

There's a potential  £20 million FFP black hole, the selling of our best players to come, to be replaced with frees, loans and kids. Most likely followed by a few seasons in the pub league. 

Sadly this is the reality we are looking at.

12 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

How do you know, maybe DC'S backer/s has pulled the plug and are not willing to put any more cash in to his project any more.

This isn't a dig but a genuine question.

Just now, Blue and white said:

How do you know, maybe DC'S backer/s has pulled the plug and are not willing to put any more cash in to his project any more.

This isn't a dig but a genuine question.

The point is, it doesn't matter. We can't spend, either way. 

6 minutes ago, helmut_rooster said:

That was the public explanation, dr xia had trouble moving funds from China......but didn't have any trouble for around 2 years prior to that, didn't add up to me.

Like wise no one questioned the spending at Wolves as they are the owner is backed by the Chinese government.

18 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

Still plenty of people that can’t differentiate between the two. That said, it’s reached a point where things look so dire that the reason is almost academic.

Worth acknowledging that it’s probably saving DC from himself....

Edited by Morepork

It is FFP that’s doing us though isn’t it? And that’s because we’ve spent too much. The fact that we’ve spent too much doesn’t seem like the best evidence of us not having anything to spend but it’s by the by because it is FFP that’s doing us.

59 minutes ago, Itchy said:

No to Bruce for me, he’s only been successful with money , was useless at Villa despite spending loads . He’s a has been.

We should take a gamble on a young up and coming manager , probably from league one or two. 

Not so young but wouldn’t be against Sheridan or Doncaster’s manager .

Wouldnt be against Sheridan, but Bruce is a no? 

Jesus Christ you should logout of Owlstalk and never post again 

I worry what goes through some of our fans heads

1 minute ago, SiJ said:

Pretty much. 

As far we all know, our inability to spend is on account of FFP, not because the money has "dried up". 

Agree, at the last fans forum DC was bullish with regard to spending if not restricted by EFL. Whether his attitude or willingness to spend has been affected since, given rumours of selling the club, who knows?